Search Unity

Unity Content Delivery Download Errors on mobile?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by cabbyU, Feb 2, 2021.

1. cabbyU

cabbyU

We are using Unity Content Delivery to host asset bundles for our game. We've recently discovered that we're getting a relatively large number of download errors.

We can't reproduce the problem, but we know it's occurring based on our game analytics.

"Cannot connect to destination host" - mostly iOS - about 650 per day
    "Unable to complete SSL connection" - mostly Android, though we did see some cases on iOS - about 600 per day
    "Cannot resolve destination host" - mostly Android, about 300 per day

I am not sure if the problem is with the Unity Content Delivery service, Unity, or if there are some platform-specific build settings I can adjust to fix these errors, so I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I figured this was a reasonable place to start.

I load the url with the following code snippet:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. downloadUrl = $"https://{HaikuBuildSettings.unityContentProjectId}.client-api.unity3dusercontent.com/client_api/v1/buckets/{_bucketID}/releases/{_version.releaseId}/entry_by_path/content/?path={_bundleName}";
    2. _webRequest = UnityWebRequestAssetBundle.GetAssetBundle(downloadUrl, _cacheInfo, 0);
    3. _webRequest.SendWebRequest();
    Does anyone have any suggestions for things to try to resolve these errors? I've googled a bit and most of the solutions I found involved making modifications to the server, which obviously I can't do since I'm using the UCD service.

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Would you mind opening a support request on this so we can collect more info on your project and unity version?

This sort of error can happen because a player's network connection drops out or is flaky, but we'd like to investigate further.

3. cabbyU

cabbyU

Sure, I will do that.

4. F5Foxie

F5Foxie

Was there a resolution for this? I am getting a lot of "Unable to complete SSL connection" errors with Unity Cloud Content Delivery on Android as well.