Search Unity

Feedback Unity constraint components section under animation and rigging

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by UnityDeveloper94589, Jan 4, 2023.

1. UnityDeveloper94589

UnityDeveloper94589

I like the visual representation of each constraint in the documentation at https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.animation.rigging@1.1/manual/index.html under constraints and components, but I feel like its still confusing trying to understand the examples. I feel like there should be more examples for generalists who develop ion unity. I'm still failing to understand what exact component would work best for some of the constraint ideas and it looks like some would best be used with scripting that moves the actual bone at runtime, and others assisting for animation.

Maybe I'm not sure what I'm talking about, but I feel like there could be way better examples. The edge cases examples are also sometimes the best as it lets you understand the in between of use cases. Like the scorpion one would be way better as an example implementing a script where the scorpions tail can target a ball dropped anywhere in front of it. Instead, the whole thing is animated which works, but I feel like the constraints are more powerful and no use of scripting is shown with them.