Search Unity

Unity constantly "Importing (iteration)" problem

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by TheSenpaiCode, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Thanks, I'll check that out. I use Rider, and I also found that disabling Rider auto-refresh in Unity significantly helps because Rider fires of the auto-refresh in Unity and if you fast enough on the keyboard you may make edits and trigger the auto-refresh before unity has finished refreshing, which triggers it again and so on. The auto-refresh in unity is fine if you are making a small change every once and a while, but if you are writing a bunch of code, the auto-saves, any CTRL+S's you do, etc, will exacerbate the issue quite painfully.

Though, this does NOT really change anything about the issue, because when I was stuck last a single whitespace change would set unity into this mad process.

2. BeginnerPlzHelp

BeginnerPlzHelp

Guys, it's totally worth it, just don't click "all" when importing that takes WAYYY too long. Just click the ones you want to use, I just needed the rock for and RPG I was making and the rocks for some designs, downloading 2630 files isn't good for your laptop or MacBook, just select the ones you want and then go on with it cause let us be honest, no one needs a planet sky or acid. But if you want to download it completely, then you do you

3. peterpunk

peterpunk

So I too have this problem, it started with Unity 2020.1.7 (at least) and its still there with Unity 2020.1.10. Just at random moments, Unity decides that from there on it needs to reimport some (unchanged) assets before each run, even if absolutely nothing has changed. You can check this behaviour een without running the project, just go to File -> Save project, do it any number of times without changing anything, Unity still reimports. It is a severe problem because run times go from 2 secs to 10, and productivity is a traditionally import feature of Unity. Moreover, when it does this it is impossible to close the editor, it has to be force quitted. The "Asynchronous Shader Compilation" check change does not solve the problem for me.

The way I fix it now is by (force) quitting the editor and reopening it, for some time it does not happen.

By the way this happens to both me that I am on a PC and to my colleague who is on a Mac.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. peterpunk

peterpunk

Upgrading to 2020.1.11 changes nothing.

5. rodeowild

rodeowild

I am having this issue after updating to unity 2019.4. Every time I compile I have to deal with an importing iteration. How can I fix this?

6. rodeowild

rodeowild

This means that every compilation takes an extra 30 seconds (luckily this is a relatively small project). Some feedback from unity would be appreciated.

7. rodeowild

rodeowild

Asked and answered in unity answers for anyone still having difficulty.

8. standardcombo

standardcombo

I'm seeing this after upgrading to 2019.4.16f1

Every time I do a code change, where it would have a compilation step it goes into "Importing (iteration 2)" with progress bar and goes through many project assets. Takes about 12 seconds each time. Mildly infuriating.

9. DavidMiranda

DavidMiranda

This solved the problem for me. Thanks

curiouspers likes this.
unityunity