Search Unity

Unity constantly "Importing (iteration)" problem

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by TheSenpaiCode, Aug 23, 2019.

1. TheSenpaiCode

TheSenpaiCode

Last night I was working on a canvas image and all the sudden I started having this pop up saying "Importing (iteration)" pop up after every change I do. I never seen or heard of this happening before and it constantly takes a couple seconds to save. It pop's up if I make any changes to my scene, adjust anything in the inspector or or do pretty much anything including saving a project.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

The current version of unity I'm using is 2019.3.0a10

Here is an image of what keeps popping up

2. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

I updated to 2019.3.b1 and told it to import the project I am currently working on. It does appear to be doing things, but it has been importing now for 4 or 5 hours and is on iteration 220!! This has never been an issue before.

3. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

I ended the task after 244 iterations. Deleted the Library and have reopened it. Hopefully it works now.

4. tertle

tertle

Ran into this today on b3 so it's still around.

Wasn't even a project upgrade, project was already running on b3.

I just did a manual re-import on the shadergraph asmdef and the importer keep iterating indefinitely.

5. SyedImranUnity

SyedImranUnity

I too face this issue at right now. I can't open my main project. Anyone suggest to me prevent from this issue, Anybody share the best practice of importing assets "importing iteration 2" loading issue.

6. A132LW

A132LW

This issue is still there on 2019.3 b6. I can't open my main project as well. Deleting the Library folder temporarily fixed my issue; I was then able to open Unity, but opening a shadergraph caused a crash. I am now back to the "importing iteration 2," as Unity reimports and re-imports my shadergraphs.

Has anyone made any further progress?

7. Matt-Murch

Matt-Murch

Opening an already upgraded project on 2019.3.0b8 and this is still an issue. It was ok at first, but after sitting for a few minutes it started flashing the "Importing (iteration 2)" dialogue every second or so. I had to record it on my phone's slow motion camera to even read it.

8. Matt-Murch

Matt-Murch

Tried to force quit from Task Manager, then reopened and got the "Importing (iteration 2)" dialogue as soon as the project opened. Still flickering quickly.

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Probably should post this in the 2019.3 beta forum instead of here, since anyone from Unity looking for threads on pre-release 2019.3 issues will not be looking in this forum for them.

10. downstroypvp

downstroypvp

I have the exact same problem as op, even just changing the size of a Text mesh pro triggers this annoying popup to show.

11. wavebbs

wavebbs

I have the same issue , Did anyone knwo how to fix it ? It's lower the working efficency .....

12. TheSenpaiCode

TheSenpaiCode

I fixed it by deleting and re-importing the package that caused the issue. I think I had to import them one by one rather then in a package.

13. su9257

su9257

Hi,I also encountered the same problem, and later found that there was a call to the "PlayerPrefs.DeleteAll ();" method. After blocking this function, "constant Importing (iteration)" did not occur,But I don't know the specific reason.

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Hopefully the asset isn't using PlayerPrefs! They really shouldn't be...

15. su9257

su9257

HI,This problem was discovered suddenly, and it took a lot of time to find it, because there were no errors or warnings. No any problem in previous use ...

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Previous to what?

17. Giometric

Giometric

Is this documented anywhere? I assume the issue is using PlayerPrefs from within
    OnValidate
    functions etc?

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

If an asset developer is using PlayerPrefs, they need to be aware that PlayerPrefs.DeleteAll will indeed delete all. Notice the "be careful" comment here https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PlayerPrefs.DeleteAll.html

19. Giometric

Giometric

I meant more the "PlayerPrefs.DeleteAll()" during asset importing causing the import iteration loop; I misunderstood your previous post, thinking you meant that it causing the loop was intended / by design.

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, it might indeed be causing the loop if the asset might be trying to use PlayerPrefs and if you are using DeleteAll , it could cause problems. Would be easy to test in your situation.

21. olgabo

olgabo

I encountered a similar problem when working in a prefab. it kept showing an asset progress importing popup for just a sec every time i did anything. It turned out it was the autosave on that prefab. Even though the popup shows a different prefab. i just turned auto save off and it seemed to fix it. Hope someone finds this useful