Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity constantly "Importing (iteration)" problem

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheSenpaiCode, Aug 23, 2019.

1. TheSenpaiCode

TheSenpaiCode

Last night I was working on a canvas image and all the sudden I started having this pop up saying "Importing (iteration)" pop up after every change I do. I never seen or heard of this happening before and it constantly takes a couple seconds to save. It pop's up if I make any changes to my scene, adjust anything in the inspector or or do pretty much anything including saving a project.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

The current version of unity I'm using is 2019.3.0a10

Here is an image of what keeps popping up

2. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

I updated to 2019.3.b1 and told it to import the project I am currently working on. It does appear to be doing things, but it has been importing now for 4 or 5 hours and is on iteration 220!! This has never been an issue before.

3. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

I ended the task after 244 iterations. Deleted the Library and have reopened it. Hopefully it works now.

4. tertle

tertle

Ran into this today on b3 so it's still around.

Wasn't even a project upgrade, project was already running on b3.

I just did a manual re-import on the shadergraph asmdef and the importer keep iterating indefinitely.

5. SyedImranUnity

SyedImranUnity

I too face this issue at right now. I can't open my main project. Anyone suggest to me prevent from this issue, Anybody share the best practice of importing assets "importing iteration 2" loading issue.

6. A132LW

A132LW

This issue is still there on 2019.3 b6. I can't open my main project as well. Deleting the Library folder temporarily fixed my issue; I was then able to open Unity, but opening a shadergraph caused a crash. I am now back to the "importing iteration 2," as Unity reimports and re-imports my shadergraphs.

Has anyone made any further progress?