Search Unity

Unity Connect jobs mechanism is buggy

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by eagleTiger, Aug 30, 2017.

1. eagleTiger

eagleTiger

Hi,

I find this issue/bug, do anyone else face the same on applying to (any kind of) job at Unity Connect, job posters reply with
    • Send me your resume, while I have attached it in applying process "1. Attach Documents"
    • Show me your work, while I have chosen my top 3 work on applying as the applying process "2. Highlight Your Projects"
    • Send me the answers to the questions which I asked, while I answered the questions which are asked by the job poster
    • Your portfolio is not accessible, while it is always public and after few refreshes/hits on my Unity Connect portfolio they say yes now I can see it
    And these replies are the same from everyone who connects, which also means that the people (job posters) who don't try to connect and ask for the documents or portfolio just go blank on the candidate and reject it whether he could be the potential candidate for him.

So this process is annoying as if someone puts time and effort to post a job and a candidate to apply for it, both are going in vain. As the data is not exchanging. This need to be fixed.

Anyone else also facing the same issue?

Regards

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey eagleTiger,

Sorry about this! Sometimes people are so lazy :(

When someone applies, the job poster can 100% see and access that information. We'll work with out designer to enhance it though as maybe they just ignore it.

Thank you for using Connect!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't have experience with job posters on Unity Connect, but in general I find that recruiters behave like mindless mass emailers and don't bother to check out your background or any special information you give them, they just act like bots and want a Word resume and so forth (even after they've contacted me via an email address on my resume). I've responded to job ads that ask for a gihub repo which they never looked at, and I've been at interviews where no one had read my resume. The only thing I can think of that might help which maybe Unity Connect could provide is a rating system for job posters. LinkedIn had a rating system for recruiters, but five stars just indicated they got some responses.