Search Unity

Unity Connect Jobs by Task

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by alanchanGD, Apr 18, 2017.

1. alanchanGD

alanchanGD

I am trying to do a task contract in Unity Connect to get paid during my game development school summer break. This is my first time doing a task contract. I believe I am skillful enough to do some Unity Connect Tasks. But, I am a bit confuse of doing a Unity Connect Task to earn some dollars.

-- If I apply the Task, then the button below says I have applied the job for this x amount of minutes. Does this means they have offered me a job and I have to work non stop when the minutes time is still ticking? What if it was a few weeks long project instead?
    -- Will usually the recruiter gives me a more detail than just a task description? So, I will know more specifically what to do next. And will usually the recruiter contact me to give me more advice to tweak my task a little bit more to get what the recruiter wants?
    -- How do I guarantee getting paid or what is their usual payment method?
    -- The task description never did mention how much will they pay you. Do most of the Unity Connect Tasks will pay you something in the end at least?

-- I also have another side note questions. Seeing the Unity Connect Task, I think my skill set level is worth around $100 - $200 per project task. I need to pay my $230 Maya and $50 PhotoShop CC monthly subscription fee. What are my chances of me getting over $280 per month to gain profit and pay for all of my subscription fee, if I work harder?

Edit: to answer my question about making profit after the software subscription fee. I think I should use free blender and free gimp for a commercial use instead. It might be a pain to get used to blender and gimp software to work on my harder animation task. Also, I think is much harder for me to get a freelance contract. Therefore, I might need to use blender and gimp to gain more profit.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey AlanchanGD,

When you click "Apply" you are just sending an application to the poster. You will not officially start work until the poster tells you so.

Yes, usually the poster will contact you with more information using our messenger (you should see a red notification in the top right corner of the screen. This will indicate if you have new messages.).

Unity Connect is only a sourcing site. If you are worried about guaranteed pay I would use something like hellobonsai.com. If you are looking for payment options: stripe, paypal.

I'm going to let the community answer your remaining questions as Connect does not focus on this portion of the task workflow yet and any comments from here on out would be me guessing.

@AngryAnt - would you be able to offer Alan some advice here?

alanchanGD likes this.