Search Unity

Unity conference in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by littlelove, Aug 13, 2007.

1. littlelove

littlelove

I wonder if people are talking about attending the conference, workshop? It sounds great. I wonder if it will be ok for those of us 'casual' users (yes, there is such a thing), not so hardcore, ??? 8)

2. AaronC

AaronC

Theres heaps of casual developers here, and the conference is for everyone who has or is considering using unity for pretty much any purpose. I wish I could go but its a bit off the beaten path at this point. If you decide to go, it will probably be heaps of fun and highly educational...so dont hold back, its an incredibly big opportunity.

:wink:
    AC

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

When planning the conference and the session topics we did our best to give it as broad appeal as possible. The idea being that we wanted users of all levels to be able to attend and walk away with something. New users on up to those with a lot of experience will be able to learn something, whether that's due to session topics or the hands-on-lab time.

Come on out and join us! :)

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

I'm going! Even though most of what the 15 year old programmers around here talk about goes way, way over my old head.

5. magicmouse

magicmouse

when is the conference happening? Or when did it happen? Please make sure you mention dates when you say a conference, so people reading later can now it already happened, and when is the next one scheduled?

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Fair enough, will do, but please make sure you look around too. :D Searching the forums using the term "conference" turns up many results, most of which have some relation to the conference including the following thread (so you have it for historical reference):

Unity User Conference: Unite 2007!

The conference occurred in San Francisco on Oct. 10-12, 2007 and it was a raging success. We don't have the next one scheduled just yet outside of "some time in 2008" (and no, we don't yet know the location either). Hope to see you there next year!