Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity compatibility ?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by aurelien-morel-ubiant, Jul 19, 2019.

1. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Hello,
    I'm trying to make the last preview (0.4) works with Unity 2019.3 alpha is it possible or not ?
    Cause currently I'm having some kind of issue when I try to generate an empty string database.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    2. Parameter name: index
    3. System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0)
    4. System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0)
    5. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0)
    6. UnityEditor.Localization.LocalizationEditorSettings.CreateAssetTablesInternal (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] selectedLocales, UnityEngine.Localization.KeyDatabase keyDatabase, System.String tableName, System.Type tableType, System.String assetDirectory, System.Boolean showProgressBar, System.Boolean showInTablesWindow) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.localization@0.4.0-preview/Editor/LocalizationEditorSettings.cs:716)
    7. UnityEditor.Localization.LocalizationEditorSettings.CreateAssetTablesFolderPanelInternal (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] selectedLocales, UnityEngine.Localization.KeyDatabase keyDatabase, System.String tableName, System.Type tableType) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.localization@0.4.0-preview/Editor/LocalizationEditorSettings.cs:659)
    8. UnityEditor.Localization.LocalizationEditorSettings.CreateAssetTablesFolderPanel (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] selectedLocales, UnityEngine.Localization.KeyDatabase keyDatabase, System.String tableName, System.Type tableType) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.localization@0.4.0-preview/Editor/LocalizationEditorSettings.cs:631)
    9. UnityEditor.Localization.UI.AssetTablesGenerator.CreateTables () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.localization@0.4.0-preview/Editor/UI/AssetTableGenerator.cs:95)
    I will try on a downgrade version of 2019 maybe 2 or 1 for a stable test.

2. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Same issue with Unity 2019.1.7, so it's maybe not an unity version issue but much more a package issue ?

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks I'll take a look. We have some bug fixes we ha e not rolled out yet so it could already be fixed.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Do you have a localisation settings file? Edit/Project Settings/Localisation?

5. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Oooops I missed this one :/

I add it but it still doesn't work. I have the same issue

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hmm. Ok I'll take a closer look.

7. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

I'll try on monday by maybe reinstall it and retry or try in an empty project instead of mine just to be sure it's not a behaviour created by our project (at least to find an hint).
    And thanks to take a closer look :)

8. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

So I just tried in an fresh empty project and I have the same issue. I'm trying to understand why and I will update this post as soon as I have something !

Ok ! I found what I was doing stupidly :facepalm:

I created the localization asset in project settings.
    Without any locales.

Then I created locales files (with en / fr / pl)

Then I thought it was ok so I created my string database without any locales in the above part. Then the issue happened.

I didn't figure out that I needed to add them into the Localization part after created my locales.
    Maybe some check to avoid this issue and just say to the user :
    - You have no locales setup in your "Available Locales" part into your Localization configuration will solve this issue ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    karl_jones likes this.
  9. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

I will add just an extra note (but I can add it into another forum post). It's impossible to see which entry we selected due to no visual selectable element into the database interface.
    English selected :
    upload_2019-7-22_14-8-31.png

French selected :
    upload_2019-7-22_14-8-44.png

10. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

We are rewriting the editor for string tables at the moment. That one has a lot of issues. Thanks for the feedback so far!

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.