Search Unity

Question Unity compatibility with Billing Library 5 or later? When? Help!

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by lorenzostudiosok, May 31, 2023.

1. lorenzostudiosok

lorenzostudiosok

Hello,

We are receiving warnings in some applications that we have in the Google Store, where they inform us:

"We detected that this app uses an older version of Google Play Billing. Starting November 1, 2023, all app updates must use Billing Library version 5 or later.

Required Action: Verify that your publicly available APKs are up to date with the latest version of the Play Billing Library. This includes any APKs or app packages that have been released in production.
    "

Details of the Project where the warnings arrive:
    Unity version: 2020.3.34f1
    In App Purchasing currently installed version: 4.5.2
    Most recent version that the package manager shows me: 4.8.0

We have a deadline to update the version to 5.0 or higher on November 1, 2023.

Unity is contemplating this? From which versions of Unity will version 5 of the billing library be compatible?

When will it be available? Can you give us some accurate information? o_O

2. Baroni

Baroni

3. lorenzostudiosok

lorenzostudiosok

I don't understand, where does it say that it is compatible?

4. Baroni

Baroni

In the link?

The library is included in Unity IAP, not the Unity version, so asking "what Unity version Billing Library 5 is supported" does not make much sense.

5. lorenzostudiosok

lorenzostudiosok

Excuse me but I still don't understand, if I install the version of IAP that appears 4.8, will I stop having the warning that Google sends me?:

"We detected that this app uses an older version of Google Play Billing. Starting November 1, 2023, all app updates must use Billing Library version 5 or later.

Required Action: Verify that your publicly available APKs are up to date with the latest version of the Play Billing Library. This includes any APKs or app packages that have been released in production."

I read this in the Link that I underline in red:

upload_2023-6-5_10-6-49.png

6. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I believe this was\is a combination of a Google bug and Google being over zealous. It happened during the transition from GPBL V3 to V4. For most people, Google eventually fixed the issue and the dashboard messages disappeared.

Once all your tracks have been updated with the latest APK\AAB (containing the new Unity Purchasing) then the message(s) will eventually disappear. All it takes is for one APK\AAB to be active on any track and the message(s) will persist.

Good luck!

Fadjboy08 likes this.
  7. lavi_unity

lavi_unity

Hi,
    Is there a date to support GooglePlay new features (>5.0.0)?