Search Unity

Unity.Collections exception

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by wobes, Dec 12, 2018.

1. wobes

wobes

Good day.

Is there any way to resolve an issue with the dublication of System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll
    I wish to use another version of it but I can't because it conflicts with the built in version in Unity.Collections package. When I drop another version of 4.5.0 unsafe library it throws the exception. I have another library that has dependency on the 4.5.0 unsafe library not the Unity.Collections one. So there should be a feature to remove the library that in the the package.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.0.9-preview.10\Unity.Collections\UnsafeUtilityEx.cs(13,24): error CS0433: The type 'Unsafe' exists in both 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' and 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. wobes

wobes

3. wobes

wobes

Temporary fixed by deleting the dll from the Library/PackageCache folder.

4. 5argon

5argon

Try using Override References button on your .asmdef and manually choose the right .dll for your assembly

5. wobes

wobes

I don't have any .asmdef in my project. And adding one and setting to override doesn't work too.

6. tertle

tertle

What happens if you turn off auto including on the .dll? and auto referencing? [After also including it in the override of the asmdef]

wobes likes this.
  7. wobes

wobes

Have multiple errors and everything is broken.

8. wobes

wobes

9. tertle

tertle

I already did and it worked fine - got rid of the error. Hence my suggestion.

However I did not have any libraries referencing it or attempt a build so I couldn't confirm it'd work.

10. wobes

wobes

Solved by disabling auto reference, auto including and creating an asmdef file with overriding a new dll.
    However still requires old .dll to be removed in order to properly create asmdef.