Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collaborate - is there a way to see file diffs between past versions of a script?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AlilWeird, Jun 1, 2020.

1. AlilWeird

AlilWeird

Howdy, I'm using Unity Collaborate on a project and am trying to figure out how to diff script files for the purpose of code reviews. I've set a Merge/Diff tool (WinMerge) and verified that works by making some script changes, going to Collab, clicking the eye/"see differences" button, and I'm able to view the changes I've made no problem.That works great for changes I'm about to commit, but what about for other people? Is there any way to compare the newest published version of a script that someone else committed with what it was previously? A historical compare like in BitBucket, Visual Studio TFS, etc.?

I've searched forums and google/duckduckgo but haven't found anything. The goal is for an easier way to review other team member's code than by manually copying the older and newer file versions and diffing them. Does something for that exist?

peiftronica likes this.
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @AlilWeird, at this time Collab does not have an easier way of diffing other teammates' changes with previous commits aside from downloading them separately and running them through a diff tool. This is a great feature request and I will pass this feedback along to the team.

_met44 and peiftronica like this.
  3. AlilWeird

AlilWeird

Ah okay, manual diffs for now then XD Thanks for passing the feedback along though, and hopefully this becomes a feature at some point :)

peiftronica and Ryan-Unity like this.
  4. Rich_A

Rich_A

Use Plastic SCM, it has this feature.

eskivor likes this.