Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collaborate Commit Without Considering Incoming Changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by siddharth3322, Dec 24, 2019.

1. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Currently, when I try to submit the data, I have this situation:

unity_collaborate_commit.png

I have a total of 5 incoming changes that I have to accept but I don't want to accept those. I want to upload my new work in the Unity cloud.

Because of shader compiler related problem, I require to delete my project support files apart from Assets and ProjectSettings.
    So all these 5 incoming commits I have already in my project and then after I have also worked in this project those I have not committed yet.

Now if I accept incoming commits then I will lose the work progress those I have done so by ignoring incoming commits, I want to upload my new data at Unity cloud but I can't able to find any way for this.

So please give me some guidance into this, I don't want to lose the work that I have done later on.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @siddharth3322, Unity Collaborate restricts publishing new changes unless all pending changes have been downloaded first to prevent merge conflicts from being pushed to the repository. Unless any of the changed files in the pending commits overlap with ones that you have modified locally, downloading these Updates should not create any merge conflicts. If any of them do, then you will have the option to resolve those conflicts using the Collab Toolbar.

If you are concerned that any of your local changes might be lost in the process then I recommend that you make a copy of your project before you press Update. That way, after you've resolved all merge conflicts then you can compare your assets to make sure that no critical changes have been lost.

siddharth3322 likes this.
  3. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Thank you I understand overall process :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.