Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collaborate 1.8.0 Broke My Project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Joseph8706, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Joseph8706

Joseph8706

I recently installed Unity Collaborate 1.8.0, and it has caused 9 errors saying that type or namespaces couldn't be found in the scripts that come with the collaborate download. These errors have made me unable to use Collaborate and made my project unable to run. How can I fix this? I've tried deleting my library folder and rebuilding it when reopening unity, but that didn't work. Even if I disable collaborate for the project the errors persist. I cannot figure out how to resolve them. Am I missing other necessary packages? Do I need to somehow modify the scripts? I've copied the errors below for reference.

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.8.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/Presenters/CollabHistoryPresenter.cs(21,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BuildAccess' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Repeated 5x at different places in the script:
    Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.8.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(14,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WebView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.8.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(28,35): error CS0115: 'CollabToolbarWindow.webView': no suitable method found to override

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.8.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(109,30): error CS0115: 'CollabToolbarWindow.OnEnable()': no suitable method found to override

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.8.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(26,69): error CS0535: 'CollabToolbarWindow' does not implement interface member 'IHasCustomMenu.AddItemsToMenu(GenericMenu)'

Any help would be much appreciated

2. jonpul_unity

jonpul_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. Our team is looking at what might be going on here.
    Can you confirm the Unity Editor version you are using?

3. Joseph8706

Joseph8706

I currently have 2020.3.13. Will updating to a newer version solve this problem?

4. ByteDevES

ByteDevES

I have the same exact problem using the same version

5. caine128

caine128

Hello there,
    I have the exact same problem. The version I am using is 2020.3.5f1 Personal

6. mcfaddentjoe

mcfaddentjoe

Same problem and same errors - using 2020.3.3f1

Any advice on how to fix would be much appreciated!

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hey all, I'm very sorry for the confusion and issues you all are experiencing!

The Version Control (formerly Collaborate) package has a bit of a confusing versioning convention after v1.5.0. Due to restrictions we had from the Package Manager team on how we could version our package, we needed to support both 2019 and 2020+ versions of the Editor in the same major version (1.x).

However, the Collaborate window is different between 2019 and 2020+. 2019 uses the original Collab Toolbar WebView while 2020+ uses the Collaborate Window built using UIElements. This means that 2019 and 2020+ versions of the Editor require different versions of the package to compile.

For 2019 versions of the Editor, please use v1.6.0, v1.8.0, and subsequent Version Control versions with an even-numbered minor version.

For 2020+ versions of the Editor, please use v1.7.1, v1.9.0, and subsequent Version Control versions with an odd-numbered minor version.

We will continue this naming convention until 2019 long term support ends. When that happens, we will announce when all later versions of the Version Control package will support all supported versions of the Editor. Again, we're very sorry for the confusion!

Cloud-Painter and JeffreyBennett like this.
  8. mcfaddentjoe

mcfaddentjoe

Hi Ryan - thank you for explaining the situation with the Version Control package.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  9. bhison

bhison

I am using 2020.2.2f1 LTS and given your advice have downgraded my Collaborate version to 1.14.1 as it is the most recent update ending in an odd number. However I still am getting an array of errors such as

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.14.4/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(26,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WebViewEditorStaticWindow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have also tried 14.1.4 as this is the latest version, but no luck. This has basically disabled source control for me which is a little concerning!

10. You are misunderstanding version numbers. The minor version is the second.
    1.14 = Major version: 1, minor version: 14.
    This means you should use 1.15.x and it is highly recommended to update to 2020 LTS because there you get the bug fixes.

JeffreyBennett and Ryan-Unity like this.
  11. carmofin

carmofin

Ummmmmmm...
    I have the same problem.
    The only versions my 2020 Unity editor allows me to install are even numbered...

groxize likes this.
  12. Mischief_gg

Mischief_gg

So I have a project where mine auto updates past 1.15 but I'm using 2019. none of my assets are doing that, as I made a separate would and reimported everything. This never caused the Collab-proxy file to update, as it stays at 1.10.2, I've tried deleting it and putting in the file from another world, but it just updates over it.

13. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

As Collaborate is now deprecated, could you please remove the Collaborate package from your project and see if this resolves the behaviour?

14. Sasha16_48

Sasha16_48

Solving the issue Unity / Window / Package Manager / Packages: in Progect in the list of applications we are looking for Version control update to the latest version in my case it was (1.17.7) . Have a nice day, everyone !

VladislavPetukhov likes this.