Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collab - Not saving array entries also object linking in hierarchy

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by JSmithyP, Aug 23, 2018.

1. JSmithyP

JSmithyP

Hi,

Unity Version : 2018.2.1f1
    Windows 10

Real sorry if this has been answered before.
    I've been working on a game for the past couple of weeks with a friend and we consistently run into an issue where we are assigning objects to scripts in the Hierarchy, and also Array sizes are not being downloaded.

If I were to create an array with a size of 3 with some values in there.
    Upload the change, and my friend would download it, the array will be 0 and would have to manually change the size and input the values.
    Sort of been doing our head in a little especially if we move machines and then we have to do every single Array we have ever done!.

Love the collab tool though, saved us countless hours!

I'll attach a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. JSmithyP

JSmithyP

Guess no one else has this issue?

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @JSmithyPx,

That sounds frustrating, I'd really like to get that resolved for you!

I have been unable to reproduce this behaviour with Unity 2018.2.1f1.

When I pull the changes to an array on a component, the Editor showed a pop-up stating that changes were made to the scene and that the scene needed to be reloaded. The changes were then present after reloading the scene.

I know of similar behaviour on past Unity versions where the scene was not reloaded after pulling from Collaborate. This was resolved in 2018.1 and was worked around by closing and reopening the scene.

If you are still experiencing issues, please log a support ticket via the Collaborate section of the Developer Dashboard and we will be happy to investigate for you.