Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collab not correctly saving files.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Reznal, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Reznal

Reznal

I am currently using version 2018.2.0f2.
    I published a version using the unity collab tool on this build, 4 hours ago, I have just reverted back to this build to find a few things in my code broken, and some methods missing in a couple of my classes.
    These classes where changed roughly end of November last so I'm not sure what happened, however I do know the changes must not have been recognised my unity.

EDIT: It looks like the files that didn't save were all moved between publishes

EDIT 2: According to another post, this was fixed in 2018.3

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Reznal

Reznal

I've also realised after digging deeper, it has not saved some code from the publish 4 hours ago.

3. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

I've had the same issue recently with collab deciding to cancel a previous commit through a new one (previously added files were deleted and changes reverted to before. I also noticed some minor change on a prefab (a light moved) which I don't remember touching.

An other issue I have is some computers keep considering there has been changes on some assets even though we don't work on them. Reverting and deleting the collab library doesn't help.