Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity collab missing namespace changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RegisVe, Mar 5, 2020.

1. RegisVe

RegisVe

Hi, after pushing the changes of the day and opening the project on a machine that had an older version of the project namespace changes aren’t sync’ed.

how do I go about this? And how to be sure that nothing else is missing? Reimport all didn’t help.

Using Unity 2019.3.2 and out of the box packages, not preview.

2. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Hey there - did any of the changes from that day apply? I'm assuming that "namespace changes" means changes to namespaces in certain scripts. Are there any other changes in those files that you can verify were applied successfully?

When you have access to the original machine again, I would recommend double checking that the files in question were properly saved and the changes were pushed successfully.

3. RegisVe

RegisVe

Hi @cameronsun how would I check that the changes were pushed successfully exactly?

The collaborate UI showed that the files were sync'ed. Other than opening them on another machine I don't know of a way.

4. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.20.20 AM.png

If you click the "View History" icon in the bottom left of the Collab window, you should see this window pop up. Take a look at the most recent (top) change on the list. Are they the same on both the original machine and the machine you're trying to sync to?

If so, I would verify that all of the files that you changed on the original machine are present in the "Asset Changes" section. If they're not, let me know - you may have the files stored in a place that is ignored by Collab by default.