Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collab - "Cannot submit change to server" - 400 Error

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Raul_T, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hello,

We're running in an issue with collab, more exactly it doesn't want to publish updates anymore. The message shown in the collab panel is just "Cannot submit change to server" but checking the editor log file reveals a 400 Error. Editor log attached to this post

upload_2019-6-14_13-44-55.png

Is there anything we can do to fix it? Seems to happen only on my workstation, my team mates don't have the issue. It started after I did a general cleanup and refactor of the project (deleted unused assets, moved folders etc.)

Also not sure if it is related, but before the issue started, my Windows also got the 1903 update and I had to reactivate my Unity licenses etc.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Raul_T

Raul_T

Short update

- it seems to be a project specific issue as other projects on my workstation publish just fine.
    - still don't know what causes it or how to fix it on the main project...

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Raul_MadGoat, in your Collab Snapshot file (which you can find in the Library/Collab folder of your project's directory), open up the file and look for the string currtransactionID. If there's a number between the quotes then replace the number inside with : so that it looks like currTransactionID":""}. This will cause Collab to think that it hasn't published your local changes and try again.

If there isn't a number inside of the quotes then try deleting your snapshot file (while Unity is closed), reopen your project and try to publish again.

4. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hi @ryanc-unity !

I just tried removing the transaction id as you said with no luck. Still same error.

I will try deleting the snapshot file to see what happens. Thanks

5. Raul_T

Raul_T

Deleting the snapshot didn't work either :(

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Sorry to hear that none of those worked. Could you try selecting a smaller selection of your changes, right clicking on them in the Project Browser and going to Collaborate->Publish to push fewer changes at a time to see if the publish is just timing out?

7. Raul_T

Raul_T

Thanks. But that didn't work either, collab won't allow me to independently publish changes because they contain moved or deleted files...

At this point I'm considering to just download the project from cloud again and redo the changes. Already wasted one day trying to fix this instead of working on the project :(

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  8. Raul_T

Raul_T

Solved... kinda.

The issue was a scene file that apparently broke collab when I moved it. Reverted changes on the specific file and did a publish and it worked.

Still worrying that this seems to happen randomly and there is no actual logging on where or on which file does collab fail to publish...

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's so odd that a scene file somehow broke Collab after you moved it. Does Collab have issues publishing it again after you make the same changes? Are there any details about the scene file, like size, name or number of assets, that you can share with me so that we can try to reproduce the issue?

Collab does have additional logging that can be turned on when things go wrong that I'll share with you in your other post. But if a specific file is preventing publishes from going through then we should have an error message in the Console or Toolbar letting you know about it and how to fix it.

Raul_T likes this.
  10. qwertyjulz

qwertyjulz

Bumping thread for same issue experienced

upload_2020-5-2_11-16-10.png

upload_2020-5-2_11-19-31.png