Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collab Brutally Slow.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PixelPounder, Sep 22, 2018.

1. PixelPounder

PixelPounder

I’m running Unity 2018.2.7f1 on a high end Windows 10 machine with 64gb of good ram on a less than 6 months old $3K computer made by OriginPC that was made to run VR and high end graphics easily. My system runs all the high end games on max settings without issue.

I have a fairly large game (25gb for the entire game folder... my assets folder is about 16gb)… and it takes forever to load… and once it does… the editor works fairly fine until I hit the collab drop down box… which sometimes opens… sometimes doesn’t… and then my editor kind of locks up for a while… which I think is all due to collab.

During one of the times I was sending files to Unity Collab... it showed 100% and then started another upload by itself and got stuck... without me asking it to push up to the cloud. Not sure if this has anything to do with the other issues or it's all just messing up because it's buggy.

Any suggestions as it shouldn’t be “choking” like this… on my system… nothing else does.

On another note... I was checking out sourcetree/bitbucket which is decent enough... but anyone else have any better solutions... any solutions that gives me stable and reliable version control and such but integrates easily with Google cloud (ie. a current frontend like sourcetree that works with Google cloud)?

2. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Your system is fine. The issues you are describing have been reported an many machines and come from collaborate itself. Sadly, I don't expect Unity to correct them since it's been months.