Search Unity

Unity Codeless IAP iOS working in Test Flight but failed review

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Jimbo_Slice, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

Hi all,

I got my codeless IAP working for iOS during Test Flight:

But the app failed the review with the reviewer saying:

"No action occurred when we tapped on the no ads IAP option."

It was the same app version that I used for Test Flight and no details have been changed on the App Store Connect side.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What feedback did you provide to the user that they made a purchase? How do you unlock the ads? Also, occasionally they make mistakes in the review process. If you already show the user that they won't see ads or similar, then you might just try to resubmit.

3. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

I think they are suggesting that the IAP button didn't bring up the native iOS modal for them to complete the purchase, rather than an issue relating to feedback after the purchase was completed. Judging by this screenshot anyway:

But to answer your questions...

The IAP to Remove Ads saves a boolean value in persistent memory that is then checked by my AdManager script to check whether to display ads or not.

In hindsight I could offer the user more feedback that they have disabled the ads. At the moment in my purchasing script once the transaction has been completed a function permanently disables all instances of the No Ads buttons. I guess I should integrate some UI text to tell the user that ads have been disabled - it would be clearer then.

From your experience if the IAP works in Test Flight (as in the OP) should it definitely work during review?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, if it's working in TestFlight but not production, that typically implies a problem in their review process. And you are correct, they are likely looking for the purchase pop up, not any indication in your game.

5. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

Thanks for the info Jeff.

I have replied to their review feedback asking them to be more specific - we'll wait and see I guess!

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The device logs would be most helpful, not sure if they can provide them though. If you want to open a support ticket, I can reply and you can add me to TestFlight. https://unity3d.com/learn/support , scroll down and look for Analytics and IAP

7. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

Thanks again for your help Jeff.

I managed to get this resolved after seeking more information from the reviewers.

There were 2 separate issues at play.

The first was with they way I had implemented a parental gate. I had it in a way that if a first timer user clicked the "No Ads" button the parental gate would be activated and if they pass the parental gate it deactivates itself. The user would then need to click the No Ads button again to initialise the purchase, which Apple didn't like.

So I switched from the Codeless IAP to the standard scripted method to allow more control so that when the parental gate is passed it initialises the payment.

The second was lack of feedback after the No Ads IAP was completed. My script permanently disabled all instances of the No Ads button but this wasn't obvious enough for them so I added a large modal saying "Ads Disabled!" which shows for 4 seconds and then deactivates itself.

So yeah, nothing technically wrong with the IAP transaction itself.