Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cloud build share in iOS 11.3 seeing a login screen

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by cbohnert, Apr 18, 2018.

1. cbohnert

cbohnert

Previous to iOS 11.3 I was able to share cloud builds with iOS users and as long as they weren't doing private browsing they could get the shared app installed with just the share url.

Now, users on iOS 11.3 are getting past the 'detect' phase of the process and seeing a 'login' screen for Unity Cloud Services instead of the 'Install' prompt. Has something changed with the Cloud sharing process or is this an issue caused by iOS 11.3?

2. cbohnert

cbohnert

I've found that if I build locally and then upload to unity cloud, I can share those links with my testers and they can install no problem. Still can't share a cloud build with anyone even though I'm on Unity Teams advanced. :(

3. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hi @cbohnert , did you checked if you're actually sending them the "Share" link instead of the "Download" link (common mistake I make)? The share link should look like this: https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/share/XXXXXXXX

Also sometimes it helps to close and re-open the share link after the Device Identification and Certificate installation steps.

Finally, make sure that your testers are opening the link in Safari only (also not in an in-app web view that some QR scanners may use) and that it is not in Incognito mode (can be spotted if Safari has a black theme).

My testers have been opening share links for builds in iOS 11.3 without the problem you mention.

4. cbohnert

cbohnert

Thanks for the suggestions. Still trying to track figure out the common thread. It looks like

1.) Any of my dev/3d team who also have Unity developer accounts and a Teams Advanced seat have no problems with the share link and can install any shares they get sent.

2.) Any tester with iOS prior to 11.3 can still receive and install a shared build.

3.) Any tester with any iOS can receive and install a build that I have built locally and uploaded to cloud for sharing.

4.) No tester with iOS 11.3 or 11.3.1 and no Teams Advanced seat can get to the share link.

Any chance all your testers have a Unity Teams seat?

We've been using this build pipeline for the last 10 months and it has worked great. Something has changed recently, at least for us. Sounds like my next stop is filing a bug report.

Thanks for your help.

--
    cb

5. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hi @cbohnert , most of my users don't even have an Unity account - as they are clients or partners. Also none of them are asked to go through the Unity account login when the Share link is used.

I think you should get a hold of a Unity Cloud Build support guy. Raise a ticket in their support system.

6. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Any result here? I have the exact same issue

7. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    As @henriqueranj said, in order to investigate your issue, please submit a support ticket, to Unity Cloud Build support.
    This will help us see all of your organization's members, their roles, and accesses.

8. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Don't forget to add the link, to this forum so that the support team, can explain what was the issue.