Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity cloud Build - pushing build to iPhone

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by ciniminiman, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ciniminiman

ciniminiman

Hello,

I'm new to Unity and am trying to get a Hello World build up and running on my iPhone (from Windows). I subscribed to Unity Teams, to the Apple Developer program, set up BitBucket, and followed the steps here:
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/support/guides/ios/

My build was successful but I do not see an app on my device. Is there something specific I have to do to push out to devices?

Thanks for your time

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

We just pushed out some bugfixes to the device detection process. You'll need to use Safari on your device to install the build. If you go back to the Cloud Build History page you should see a message about Detecting your Device. Once you complete that process you can click on a build and click on the Download button in the window that pops up to install it on your device.

3. ciniminiman

ciniminiman

I was able to get the build installed through the Cloud Build History page. Is there a way that I can install builds on other team member's devices without providing them with my unity credentials?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

What I do is build release builds and then distribute them for test using TestFlight.

5. ciniminiman

ciniminiman

I'll check TestFlight out - thank you.

Since I don't have a mac, I'm also thinking that I'll have to do a lot of my local builds for Android so that I can test locally. I just submitted a build to Cloud Build and its been queued for 9 minutes as of writing, which is an aweful long time to wait to see if I can put a single sprite on the screen successfully ...