Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cloud Build - Git + https

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by rawvenison, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rawvenison

rawvenison

Hey all! I'm investigating cloud building for a number of teams at my company and seem to be stuck at: There was an error:
    Repo is not accessible. Please check your URL and repo settings.

The type of url we're trying to use is: https://ourgithost.com/ourrepo.git

I suppose my question is, is this type of repo setup supported? If so, any pointers on common mistakes or requirements I might have overlooked?

Any help is appreciated!

winf_randy likes this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

@rawvenison - Thanks for trying out the service! We don't currently support Git using HTTPS syntax. We're looking into that as a future feature, so I will note your request. If anyone else out there would also like this feature please bump this thread. Thanks!

3. Lethil

Lethil

Bump. I'm using Visual Studio Online and it's HTTPS + password. SSH isn't supported.

4. winf_randy

winf_randy

Bump. If this isn't supported then how do I use Cloud Build Pro with Git? Is the only option GitHub?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. hypeNate

hypeNate

Hi @Lethil and @winf_randy and @rawvenison !

This old thread needs to be updated, I am glad you posted. Here is the situation:
    • We don't support Git with username + password, only with SSH keys. I'll mark all three of you down for that feature request, though.
    • We don't use the HTTPS:// url syntax for Git in Cloud Build. But if you copy and paste a GitHub or Bitbucket HTTPS URL into Cloud Build, the wizard will automatically re-write it into the syntax we support (i.e., git@bitbucket.org:youraccount/yourrepo.git)
    • For more information, see this page: https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/support/guides/sourcecontrol

For others who are using Git with username + password instead of SSH - please leave a note here saying you'd like this feature to be added. Many thanks!

winf_randy likes this.
  6. deanosaur

deanosaur

I have nothing to add to this except, I would also like this feature.

7. sanpats

sanpats

I want this feature.

8. bfrager

bfrager

would love to see the github u/p feature. thanks for supporting webGL!

9. jesta

jesta

We're using Gitlab as our host and it doesn't support LFS through SSH, only HTTPS. So as far as I know there is no way for us to use cloud build.

10. Ponytech

Ponytech

Bumping again this thread.
    Any update on supporting GIT with HTTPS ?

11. slimshader

slimshader

Bump. Trying to use UCB with gitlab but no dice :/

12. mtinkerhess

mtinkerhess

+1, would love to be able to do username / password access

13. aviita

aviita

+1, we would also need this to use VSO Git LFS with Unity Cloud Build.

14. bumbummen99

bumbummen99

Yes, VSO also supports LFS over HTTPS only. We really need username/password authentication for our project to utilize cloud build.

15. ktitov3d

ktitov3d

+1 really need because in our company ssh port is closed

16. jonagill_ag

jonagill_ag

+1 more -- we are also using VSTS / VSO, and so we are unable to use Cloud Build at all until this is supported.

17. ttermeer-reboundcg

ttermeer-reboundcg

VSTS (now called Azure DevOps btw) fully support ssh. We have been using it with Unity Cloud Build for over a year now.