Search Unity

Unity Cloud Build - Git + https

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by rawvenison, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rawvenison

rawvenison

Hey all! I'm investigating cloud building for a number of teams at my company and seem to be stuck at: There was an error:
    Repo is not accessible. Please check your URL and repo settings.

The type of url we're trying to use is: https://ourgithost.com/ourrepo.git

I suppose my question is, is this type of repo setup supported? If so, any pointers on common mistakes or requirements I might have overlooked?

Any help is appreciated!

winf_randy likes this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@rawvenison - Thanks for trying out the service! We don't currently support Git using HTTPS syntax. We're looking into that as a future feature, so I will note your request. If anyone else out there would also like this feature please bump this thread. Thanks!

3. Lethil

Lethil

Bump. I'm using Visual Studio Online and it's HTTPS + password. SSH isn't supported.

4. winf_randy

winf_randy

Bump. If this isn't supported then how do I use Cloud Build Pro with Git? Is the only option GitHub?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @Lethil and @winf_randy and @rawvenison !

This old thread needs to be updated, I am glad you posted. Here is the situation:
    • We don't support Git with username + password, only with SSH keys. I'll mark all three of you down for that feature request, though.
    • We don't use the HTTPS:// url syntax for Git in Cloud Build. But if you copy and paste a GitHub or Bitbucket HTTPS URL into Cloud Build, the wizard will automatically re-write it into the syntax we support (i.e., git@bitbucket.org:youraccount/yourrepo.git)
    • For more information, see this page: https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/support/guides/sourcecontrol

For others who are using Git with username + password instead of SSH - please leave a note here saying you'd like this feature to be added. Many thanks!

winf_randy likes this.
  6. deanosaur

deanosaur

I have nothing to add to this except, I would also like this feature.

7. sanpats

sanpats

I want this feature.

8. bfrager

bfrager

would love to see the github u/p feature. thanks for supporting webGL!

9. jesta

jesta

We're using Gitlab as our host and it doesn't support LFS through SSH, only HTTPS. So as far as I know there is no way for us to use cloud build.

10. Ponytech

Ponytech

Bumping again this thread.
    Any update on supporting GIT with HTTPS ?

11. slimshader

slimshader

Bump. Trying to use UCB with gitlab but no dice :/

12. mtinkerhess

mtinkerhess

+1, would love to be able to do username / password access

13. aviita

aviita

+1, we would also need this to use VSO Git LFS with Unity Cloud Build.

14. bumbummen99

bumbummen99

Yes, VSO also supports LFS over HTTPS only. We really need username/password authentication for our project to utilize cloud build.

15. crocvr

crocvr

+1 really need because in our company ssh port is closed

16. jonagill_rr

jonagill_rr

+1 more -- we are also using VSTS / VSO, and so we are unable to use Cloud Build at all until this is supported.

17. ttermeer-reboundcg

ttermeer-reboundcg

VSTS (now called Azure DevOps btw) fully support ssh. We have been using it with Unity Cloud Build for over a year now.

18. jonagill_rr

jonagill_rr

VSTS / DevOps supports SSH for regular Git repositories, but it does not support Git LFS over SSH. This means that Cloud Build does not work for anyone who uses LFS on DevOps, since it will be unable to sync any of their binary assets.

You can see that this behavior is clearly called out in the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/az...-errors-when-pulling-files-tracked-by-git-lfs

Deleted User likes this.
  19. jonagill_rr

jonagill_rr

Bumping this thread to see if any thought has been given to enabling Cloud Build with LFS over HTTPS in the last six months.

NeXeS likes this.
  20. VilasKumbhare

VilasKumbhare

Actually I am using git Submodule feature in my project , modules are fetched with http syntax and if on UCB , ssh syntax used then it is not getting access to submodules.

Its better if Unity provide git with http syntax on cloud.

21. steego

steego

We need Git LFS for game development. Most hosts only support LFS over HTTPS, so this is absolutely required for cloud build to be useful for us.

22. NeXeS

NeXeS

Is there any workaround yet?

23. victorw

victorw

For Gitlab, Github and Bitbucket you can use Oauth to get HTTPS functionality. For other providers there is nothing currently implemented.

24. Novack

Novack

Could options for self hosted GitLab and likewise cases be added? The posibilities feel too constrained, something fails and you are out of options almost inmediately.

25. victorw

victorw

You can still use self-hosted Gitlab via the Manual configuration tab but yes this is limited to SSH functionality. We did have some plans to support self-hosted Gitlab Oauth configurations but at the moment the Gitlab API isn't stable enough to justify supporting in this capacity.

26. Novack

Novack

@victorw manual configuration is failing on my case, raised a support request that is being handled.

The gitlab private tokens are entirely functional, we are using them on different git clients from different offices without issues. And while we have no issues using our repo, Unity Cloud Build cant connect with it, and has no other options to offer.

27. jamie_xr

jamie_xr

Is this possible yet? I just ran into this issue with Azure DevOps and it seems its been a problem for many years now. And still most git providers only support LFS over https.