Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Unity Cloud Build Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by David-Berger, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclejey34

unclejey34

please add build report to API
    maybe as individual log file

Code (CSharp):
    1.     Build Report
    2.  Uncompressed usage by category (Percentages based on user generated assets only):
    3.     Textures               37.4 mb     61.8%
    4.     Meshes                 0.0 kb     0.0%
    5.     Animations             221.6 kb     0.4%
    6.     Sounds                 490.6 kb     0.8%
    7.     Shaders                64.8 kb     0.1%
    8.     Other Assets           4.8 mb     8.0%
    9.     Levels                 742.2 kb     1.2%
    10.     Scripts                4.9 mb     8.2%
    11.     Included DLLs          9.5 mb     15.8%
    12.     File headers           2.3 mb     3.8%
    13.     Total User Assets      60.5 mb     100.0%
    14.     Complete build size    339.5 mb
    15.     Used Assets and files from the Resources folder, sorted by uncompressed size:
    16.     16.0 mb     4.7% Built-in Texture2D: sactx-0-2048x2048-Uncompressed-field-89819a8e
    17.     16.0 mb     4.7% Built-in Texture2D: sactx-0-4096x4096-ETC2-actors-fdc4c83e
    18.     1.6 mb     0.5% Built-in Texture2D: sactx-0-4096x4096-Crunch-Playroom-f328bc7e
    19.     1.6 mb     0.5% Built-in Texture2D: sactx-0-4096x4096-Crunch-Bedroom-576b78c3
    20.     1.5 mb     0.5% Built-in Texture2D: sactx-0-4096x4096-Crunch-Lounge-d7fe370e
    21.     323.8 kb     0.1% Assets/Sound/music/acoustic-upbeat.ogg
    22.     278.1 kb     0.1% Assets/Fonts/Ubuntu-Medium.ttf

2. toyhunter

toyhunter

Once I found out there's a Cloud Build for Unity, I was thinking yay so I can build my game for Switch, Xbox and PlayerStation without hassle nor a PC, well...

Carl_UnityDSE likes this.
  3. spinaljack

spinaljack

Can we have a list of plugins to include / exclude in each build target
    Also can we have different project settings per build target

I'm developing for multiple platforms that require different project settings and plugins
    I'm currently managing this using repo branches and it's not ideal

Carl_UnityDSE likes this.
  4. mxjnordgren

mxjnordgren

On the Dashboard site:
    This is a small annoying thing, and if the "feature" (more like option to disable an annoying feature) exists I don't see it...
    Is there a way to switch the build history overviews from saying "about X hours ago" to the actual time?
    Most other webapps allow you to hover over that text to show the actual time, but there is no hover text on the cloud build site, and I don't see any toggles in Settings for it.

I am not seeing any way to actually find out what time the build started, and instead get this less useful estimate. Sometimes I need to know the exact time.

Can we have a toggle or at least the hover text like most other apps do?

Attached Files:

5. L4ZZAR8

L4ZZAR8

Can we have a checkbox on the repository settings to allow git to clone the repository recursively so that we can pull the submodules as well?

upload_2022-5-19_11-20-30.png

MoonMoritz and Carl_UnityDSE like this.
  6. L4ZZAR8

L4ZZAR8

Immu likes this.
  7. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

It is already the default behaviour, have been using submodules in Cloud Build since 2019 without issues.

In case of private submodules, remember to use SSH when adding the submodule instead of HTTPS

8. mgear

mgear

(1) in the build overview page, would be nice to see what signing credential was used for this build.

(2) Is there a way to see when integration webhook was last called and what was the reply/results?
    (because today i haven't received webhook integration notifications.. not sure if it was called or if it had failed? although they did work last week..)

(3) credentials list page could show when the credential was created in cloud build (just to know which one was it, if had accidentally named it badly) https://dashboard.unity3d.com/organizations/******/cloud-build/settings/credentials

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  9. mgear

mgear

(4) When creating new project, it automatically starts new build after first build target is added? Then always need to cancel it manually.. or at least for me, when adding new cloud build project, its not time to launch builds yet, so it just wastes resources for spinning up a build. *Or maybe its not necessary to click the "next build" button after adding credentials? (it seems natural to click next, after setting up credentials, instead of pressing back.. since there is no save?)

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  10. commodore

commodore

+1 for being able to change the template.

xLeo likes this.
  11. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

How about as a feature request you actually fix cloud build to be able to find the correct packages?

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    871: [2022-09-09T14:47:39Z - Unity] Project has invalid dependencies:
    872: [2022-09-09T14:47:39Z - Unity] com.unity.render-pipelines.universal: Package [com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7] cannot be found

Its crazy that on LTS we are getting issues where cloud build literally cannot find the latest and recommended version of URP.....

This is really starting to make this system unusable, where we cannot trust that updates from unitys side will not constantly break cloud build from week to week.

12. MegaMileyStudios

MegaMileyStudios

FYI, the feedback site is no longer alive, or it's been moved elsewhere, doesn't even give a 404 now, just straight up can't connect

13. EnduvoJD

EnduvoJD

Please, add the Application.version value into the build details, so that I know what version of my app I just built.

xLeo likes this.
  14. xLeo

xLeo

Please allow developers to easily set up shared Addressables build across multiple targets.

For example, Android builds might target many different stores and/or have different build settings (development, scripting debugging, etc etc). It doesn't make sense to build addressables for all these variations when a shared build would be enough.

15. Arthur-LVGameDev

Arthur-LVGameDev

Our Feature Request // What we'd need to use Unity's Cloud Build instead:
    The ability to use the build service to make builds that only export the resulting "raw" build/project -- no signing/packaging whatsoever.

Brief Context -- and why we're using something else now:
    We've been using Bitrise for CI/build automation. It's a PITA as it requires manually scripting everything, and while the Unity Hub command-line interface has improved in the last year or so, it's still cumbersome & occasionally quite tedious.

After a substantial initial trial-and-error setup period (largely because Unity Hub CLI was mediocre and/or undocumented - most of which is improved now), things were totally fine -- for a long time -- until just recently, when our builds stopped working.

Our Bitrise/CI -run builds are now all throwing this error (only when run via CI -- they're fine when run from workstations, both via CLI/batch/custom method calls & when run via editor UI):
    Code (csharp):
    1. *** Tundra build failed (1.61 seconds), 193 items updated, 417 evaluated ... Scripts have compiler errors."
    . :-(

Why We Need This:
    Our game is bundled within a native application -- ie "Unity as a Library". This means that the desired artifacts/output from a build, for us, are actually the raw/unsigned output. This is true for both for iOS & for Android -- for iOS we want the raw xCode project, and for Android we want the same result you'd get in-editor when building w/ 'Export Project' checkbox ticked/true.

Further Context
    Can be found in a prior post of mine where I asked about this same functionality/capability: https://forum.unity.com/threads/build-for-ios-without-keys-signing.1346816/

TLDR -- We're looking for something that just works with the minimal dev/ops input time on our end; it seem's Unity is well-poised to provide that, and we'd happily pay for that. But it's a non-starter unless we can get to the "raw" output, since the Unity output is but one ingredient in our app's overall build process.

1. Is this something that might come in the future?
    2. I haven't followed this service or forum closely -- any chance this has already been implemented/added?

Thank you!

16. wrossmck-unity

wrossmck-unity

Unity Technologies

I haven't responded here in a while so let's do that now.

@EnduvoJD yeah that seems doable. We might not be able to put it on the history page prominently, but we should be able to put it into the detailed view of build history. We don't capture that data today so it will likely not be available for historic builds. I'll bring it to the team

@xLeo this is possible today by changing all builds to not build addressables and then create a separate build target that only builds addressables. Launch a support ticket for better support if you get stuck, I'm pretty sure we can already do what you're looking for. If it works let us know and we'll write it as a guide.

@Arthur-LVGameDev thats a cool idea, I'll bring it up with the team.

Thanks all. I'll be replacing this post with a new one for 2023 and beyond since this is a very old post and lots of the requests have been completed already and it's hard to keep track of them.

Thaina likes this.
  17. julienkay

julienkay

Is there such a new post already?

My feature request is, that it would be nice if custom (non-primary) build artifacts uploaded through the Artifacts API would show up in the Dashboard.

18. wrossmck-unity

wrossmck-unity

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.