Search Unity

Feature Request Unity Cloud Build Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by David-Berger, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

UWP support please!

2. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

+1 for Scriptable Build Pipeline support

slowdth likes this.
  3. dirty-rectangle

dirty-rectangle

The Cloud Build "Build History" page on the dashboard no longer has a drop down selector for switching between projects.
    You need to navigate back to the top level overview page to select another project which is much slower.
    Could the project selector component be added back to the build history page?

4. Haze-Games

Haze-Games

Hi there!

Can we please have the following:
    1. Android & iOS automatic build number incrementation: Based on commited project setting's value + UCB build number
    2. Android & iOS automatic build version incrementation: Based on latest label name favorited of this build target
    3. Texture compression override dropdown for Android in Advanced Settings: Currently always using "No Override", regardless of selected and pushed setting in the project
    4. Switching Project with the dropdown could please also display directly the Cloud Build History if you're currently on a Cloud Build History of a different project
    5. The "Download" button (top right) after selecting a build is barely clickable on a mobile device, because it's hidden behind the top floating username bar. This makes it very painful to download a build on Android or iOS
    For all the 3 above, we have implemented our own code to do this. Without these 3 features, UCB is not greatly usable in a production environment, as editing, commiting, then pushing updated Project Settings just to increment an int value every time defeats the purpose of automatic builds, in addition to many cases of forgetting to increase build number will result in failure of final uploads.

Other than that, Unity Cloud Build is awesome! Great job :)
    Charles

xLeo and LucasHehir like this.
  5. psyhama

psyhama

We use Cloud Build in our project and we largely loves it.
    My feature requests:

1. Add confirmation dialog box when the blue "BUILD: ALL TARGETS" button clicked. like:
    "Do you really want to build 100 configs now?"
    As we have about 100 build configs as we build for multiple platforms & multiple configs & mutiple developers,
    The result of pressing "BUILD: ALL TARGETS" is disastrous. We strongly forbid pressing the blue button, but unfortunately most of our developers have experienced the situation that need to click cancel menu item 100 times.

2. Add 'Rebuild' menu item for (failed) tasks.
    It is not an very easy task to find the failed config from 100 configs. And it sometimes fail without any reason (internal error). It will also be useful for not-failed tasks.

3. Avoid "ExpiredToken" error. Re-authorize the user when the user touches some web UI again after some time.
    Start build -> wait -> get zip from the finished build -> "ExpiredToken" error happens.

6. Eric-Farraro

Eric-Farraro

Would love support for the new Asset Delivery system for Google Play https://developer.android.com/guide/app-bundle/asset-delivery/build-unity They have API's for integrating with CI, though I'm not clear if it would be possible to build the .aab file as Google is suggesting in these docs.

Play Asset Delivery seems to be a great alternative to get around the numerous issues with the deprecated .obb file approach for large apps (aka most games).

7. dri_richard

dri_richard

There is no indication in the build history (unless I've missed it) of who started a particular build.
    I know that this data exists - it's provided in build notification webhooks.
    Would be great to have it exposed in the web interface too.

henriqueranj likes this.
  8. smolten

smolten

It's a big pain having 10+ targets and realizing something needs to be modified among them all

Would be great to view targets in a list, with settings in the columns so I can edit everything all at once

And speeding up the page loads/ reducing number of page loads would be nice :oops:

LaviK47, xLeo, dri_richard and 5 others like this.
  9. slowdth

slowdth

+2 for Scriptable Build Pipeline support

10. Hendrik-Mans

Hendrik-Mans

Wait, Unity Cloud Build does not have support for SRP projects? Am I reading this correctly? (I was about to shell out the $9/month, but all my projects use SRP.)

11. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

It does have support for Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP), in fact it doesn't care. But there's no official integration with the upcoming Scriptable Build Pipeline (SBP) that lets users customize the build workflow with a new API.

However, you can still use regular editor scripting with most API calls to control the build process in the cloud, e.g. build Addressables in a special way, etc.

Novack likes this.
  12. Hendrik-Mans

Hendrik-Mans

Oh, FML, I misread. Phew. Thanks for the heads-up, I feel proper stupid now.

13. grrava

grrava

Feature request: scheduled builds.

Cjericho4 likes this.
  14. Tlyons

Tlyons

Please bring back the "copy animation keys and paste it in other animations" feature.

15. dri_richard

dri_richard

Once or twice a month, somebody on the team will visit the build history page and click 'Build: All Targets'.

One time it was somebody from the marketing team who was trying to install a build.
    Most recently it was a developer accessing the page on an iPhone who intended to click the dropdown but hit the build button instead (because they're right next to each other).

We have a lot of configs, so clearing up this mess takes time.

It would be great to have a confirmation popup or similar in this situation.

henriqueranj, g-augview and psyhama like this.
  16. Thaina

Thaina

I need build order in config. I wish I could specified what config should be built first

17. Thaina

Thaina

Also

It would be great if we have a way to rerun post build script

It always possible to fail for any reason. Especially deploying script. Instead of rerun everything I wish I could just hit some button to rerun only post build script

tonialatalo likes this.
  18. Nokobot

Nokobot

X Code 12

LucasHehir and chriscgogii like this.
  19. g-augview

g-augview

Permissions on who can edit build configs.
    For example I would like the manager role able to edit all configs, and the developer role able to create then edit only their own configs (the ones they created).

20. Foriero

Foriero

Dropbox integration please.

21. jaydeebee

jaydeebee

Post-notarization scripts for macOS builds, in addition to the current post-build (pre-notarization) script.

22. widogame

widogame

Please support customize Gradle version. I cannot build Android success on UCB with target API level 30 if my project have latest Firebase SDK/ Admob SDK!

re-ckart likes this.
  23. damelin

damelin

+1 for the custom Gradle version (or at least update it to 5.6.4, instead of 5.1.1)
    Important third party plugins require it now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  24. CDF

CDF

tvOS support

25. mvaz_p

mvaz_p

We need custom Gradle version, or at least an update to 5.6.4.

26. heesaid

heesaid

Things like a status monitoring console for checking the health of Cloud Build system. It is helpful for figuring out what is happening when CB is having some errors.

27. apiotuch_unity

apiotuch_unity

We really need cloud builds to support LFS with SSL (HTTPS) not just SSH since our Git provider does not currently support SSH with LFS (and no future plan for it). Or Maybe the Unity team can talk with Microsoft to get them on it? Azure Devops supports SSH but only for non-LFS repos.

This basically means we won't be subscribing to Unity Teams Advanced because Cloud Builds cannot pull from our repos.

Azure community forums shows Microsoft basically closing all LFS SSH requests stating there isn't enough demand. But history shows there is demand as there are numerous closed requests. I think Microsoft is dragging their feet on it, and really Unity's mantra is to unite all these different disciplines. I understand the security issue it raises, but let developers make that choice. Unity should provide options. Especially since sometimes it is out of our hands, and we have no choice due to these other services' limitations.

If anyone else has or had this issue before, please like/upvote this issue.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    mlhw and tealm like this.
  28. manu_unity836

manu_unity836

Feature Request #1
    Direct deployment / push to Oculus.
    Oculus already offers a Unity Editor extension for deploying to their store and their new AppLab.

A direct deployment for Steam would be awesome, too, as @alan-lawrance statet almost 2 years ago.

Feature Request #2
    Cloud Build settings allow manual and/or automatic configuration of the Android Bundle Version Code when starting a build in the cloud. An automatic iteration of the version code would be great, too.

Right now it's more complicated and needs more manual steps to deploy using Cloud Build than with local building. That makes it really unattractive for our project. And kind of kills the point for setting up an automatic build + deployment pipeline.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  29. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

Feature Request Overview
    Allow for setting icon / image associated with a given Cloud Build Project

Details

On one of my projects I have custom icon set for my Unity Cloud build project and on others I don't. I would really like to set a custom icon / image for each manually. It's really helpful to quickly identify if I'm in the right project when I'm in Unity Dashboard :).

Attached Files:

30. starstablesimon

starstablesimon

I would like to be able to cancel building when unit tests fail.
    Right now it the tests fail but the project still gets built, then gets marked as failed.
    Our project takes 2h+ to build so it quite a while to wait for it to retry building.

Thanks!

simonejennings likes this.
  31. AdamBourke

AdamBourke

I would like to go further than this and say make the icon for the app itself configurable in cloud build per config. The reason for this is that we often have multiple versions of the app installed at once, it would be great if we could identify those from the icon, especially on android.

Meatloaf4 likes this.
  32. bartix96pl

bartix96pl

Any info about UWP support?

33. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I second the UWP support request (yet again) - any updates please?

Last we heard (some time ago) resources were tight but it was being tested, then silence again.

bartix96pl likes this.
  34. aFeesh

aFeesh

masterton and starstablesimon like this.
  35. evolvedplay

evolvedplay

Feature Request:

For Unity Cloud Build Slack Integration, provide a visual QR code in the build completed notification so team members and testers can snap the image from their device instead of having to have slack on all of their devices to download builds.

paradizIsCool and Meatloaf4 like this.
  36. Samasab

Samasab

WebGL Html templates (Cloud build now overwrites them with a default one)

37. Thaina

Thaina

2021.2.0b1 available. Cloud build please

Cameron_SM likes this.
  38. xLeo

xLeo

• Add support for build chains.
      • It would be very useful to create a single Addressables build (for example) and reuse that build on multiple other builds.
      • This is especially useful for Android builds, with all those different supported platforms.
      • Also very useful for sharing Addressables across Dev and Release builds.
    • Add the possibility to easily publish custom artifacts on the built files;
    • Add a help section in which all the relevant environment variables are listed, such as artifacts directory path, build package path, etc.

leobilck and newtroj like this.
  39. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

2021.2 beta for cloud build please. Other forum posts suggest it takes about a week to add latest beta to cloud build but have been multiple weekly beta releases and none have been added yet.

40. Karsten

Karsten

They have too much to do at the moment , Cloud Build gets Windows Builders and Unity Services in general are under heavy change at the moment,
    BTW: I hope you dont use a Beta version in production, better take a LTS version ;-)

41. Immu

Immu

Request: Multiple selection to cancel multiple builds with a same click

xLeo likes this.
  42. tarmo-jussila

tarmo-jussila

Unity Cloud Build Request: Custom Fastlane (Supply) Configuration for Android targets.

Is Fastlane support planned for the new Windows-based build machines? My use case is to deliver builds (in AAB format) directly from UCB to Google Play internal testing track. This is already possible from UCB to TestFlight with the custom Fastlane configuration that is available for iOS targets.

43. Immu

Immu

Suggestion:
    I'm a simple person. I like to fix all warnings.
    So I really wish to know what are those textures. Sure I could search by hand one by one but it doesn't seem as good as knowing their path directly..
    It's also very weird because - in this example - I think BC7 is compatible with directX11 right ? And I'm building for windows64bits with auto graphics API checked, containing directX11. So I don't know, maybe it's because I'm under old macStadium cloud builder (I had to rollback from newer windows builder because bugs) ? But in that case, the warnings aren't truly relevant in my build and it should be noted within the log that those are not relevant for the final build. So I don't get confused.

If not, getting the texture path in the log would be the minimum.
    upload_2021-8-20_9-56-41.png

44. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

45. andersemil

andersemil

I just use a simple build post-processing script I wrote a few years ago to set the CFBundleVersion to the build# from the cloud build manifest. You can do the same for Android builds. It makes it very easy to track bugs and crash reports.

Code (CSharp):
    2. #if UNITY_IOS
    3. using UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode;
    4. using UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.Extensions;
    5. #endif
    7. public static class iOSBuildPostProcessor {
    8.     [PostProcessBuild]
    9.     public static void OnPostProcessBuild(BuildTarget target, string pathToBuiltProject) {
    10.         if (target == BuildTarget.iOS) {
    11. #if UNITY_IOS
    12.             UnityCloudBuildManifest manifestData = null;
    13.             var manifest = Resources.Load<TextAsset> ("UnityCloudBuildManifest.json");
    14.             if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty (manifest?.text)) {
    15.                 manifestData = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<UnityCloudBuildManifest> (manifest.text);
    16.                 Debug.Log ($"iOSBuildPostProcessor buildNumber from UCB: {manifestData.buildNumber}");
    17.             }
    18.             string bundleVersion = (manifestData != null) ? (int.Parse (manifestData.buildNumber) + 1).ToString () : PlayerSettings.iOS.buildNumber;
    20.             var plistPath = pathToBuiltProject + "/Info.plist";
    21.             PlistDocument plist = new PlistDocument ();
    22.             plist.ReadFromFile (plistPath);
    24.             plist.root.SetString ("CFBundleVersion", bundleVersion);
    26.             plist.WriteToFile (plistPath);
    27. #endif
    28.         }
    29.     }
    31.     [Serializable]
    32.     class UnityCloudBuildManifest
    33.     {
    34.         public string buildNumber;
    35.         public string buildStartTime;
    36.         public string unityVersion;
    37.     }
    39. }

PeachyPixels likes this.
  46. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Thanks, much appreciated. It's actually the build number that I'd like auto incremented though.

UCB auto increments the build number (not bundle version) for Android packages, but not iOS it seems.

The workaround is to manually increment in the project file before each build\upload, but it would be good to have some consistency.

47. Thaina

Thaina

There are nothing increment build number in unity automatically. I have to written it myself by hookup onbuild script
    I guess you have that too, maybe in some 3rd party library you use

In ios there are no bundleVersionCode like android but it was separated into
    PlayerSettings.iOS.buildNumber. It not really hard to make prebuild script to modified version number before build out project. I always use 1.x.YearMonth.DateHourMinute as version number (1.9.2109.231109 something like this)

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEditor;
    4. using UnityEditor.Build;
    5. using UnityEditor.Build.Reporting;
    7. using System.Linq;
    8. using System.Collections.Generic;
    10. public class PreBuildProcessor : IPreprocessBuildWithReport
    11. {
    12.     [MenuItem("AndroidPublisher/TestGenVersion")]
    13.     public static void TestGenVersion()
    14.     {
    15.         var now    = MyLocalTime;
    16.         Debug.Log((GenVersion(now),BuildNumber(now)));
    17.     }
    19.     static System.DateTimeOffset MyLocalTime => System.DateTimeOffset.UtcNow.ToOffset(System.TimeSpan.FromHours(7));
    20.     static string BuildNumber(in System.DateTimeOffset time) => time.ToString("ddHHmm");
    21.     static string GenVersion(in System.DateTimeOffset now)
    22.     {
    23.         return PlayerSettings.bundleVersion.Split('.').Take(2).OfType<object>().Append(((now.Year - 2000) * 100) + now.Month).StringJoin(".");
    24.     }
    26.     public void OnPreprocessBuild(BuildReport report)
    27.     {
    28.         var now    = MyLocalTime;
    29.         PlayerSettings.bundleVersion    = GenVersion(now);
    30.         Debug.LogFormat("PreBuildProcessor {0} : {1}",PlayerSettings.bundleVersion,report);
    31.         if (report.summary.platformGroup == BuildTargetGroup.iOS)
    32.             PlayerSettings.iOS.buildNumber    = BuildNumber(now);
    33.         else if(report.summary.platformGroup == BuildTargetGroup.Android)
    34.             PlayerSettings.Android.bundleVersionCode++; /* should get version code from playstore */
    35.     }
    36. }

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    PeachyPixels likes this.
  48. Revolter

Revolter

Please add a filter by version. It's quite hard now to find older builds

49. icynotes

icynotes

50. DrSkipper7

DrSkipper7

Feature request: The ability to set the current Build Number for a Build Target.

At our studio we like to have our targets synced on the same build number because it makes it easy to refer to them regardless of platform. Since we can't change the build number manually however, we run into situations such as adding a new Build Target and needing to run the build 150 times for the build number to catch up to the existing Build Target build numbers. Would be great if we could just set the starting build number of the new Build Target to 150 for instance.

2nd feature request that I'm sure is more complicated and already being considered: Deployment support for Steam :)

Thanks!

pavetra, mariandev and rajivrao like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.