Search Unity

Unity Cloud Build Fails to set BundleID for Mac AppStore Builds

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by ferretnt, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ferretnt

ferretnt

When building a Mac appstore app with UCB, the app bundle ID always seems to be set to "default" in Info.plist.

This is in spite of the fact that when I debug.log from UCB the values of bundle ID, it shows the correct value in the Full Log on UCB:

Debug.Log("This is an OSX build. Bundle ID is set to: " + PlayerSettings.GetApplicationIdentifier(BuildTargetGroup.Standalone));

The bundle ID is in fact set in playersettings up front (although the Mac target on UCB provides no way to override it.)

Are UCB cloud builds for Mac AppStore apps just broken and always set the bundle id in info.plist to "default"?

I believe that it is currently impossible to build a Mac app with UCB that will "trivially" sign and upload.

I have verified that the same project built locally builds and trivially uploads with application loader.

(By "trivially" I mean you just have to run codesign twice and productbuild and mess about with sed on the contents of the UnityPurchasing.bundle, but we'll define that as "trivially" for the purposes of signing a Mac app store build.)

Attached Files: