Search Unity

Unity Cloud Build Beta Update 5

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by hypeNate, Feb 5, 2015.

1. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

We've made another update to Unity Cloud Build! Here are a few of the new things you'll observe:
    • updated visual design
    • various bug fixes - thanks to everyone who found & submitted bugs
    • the ability to transfer ownership of your project to a collaborator on the /collaborators page
    • slightly improved build times, decreased restarts
    • "Advanced Settings" are now available by default - no special request required
    And we continue to listen closely to our users: your testimonials, your discussions in this forum, and the support tickets you submit, are all very valuable to us. Thanks to all of you!

David-Berger likes this.
  2. Simie

Simie

The new visual design looks fantastic, nice job guys!

David-Berger and hypeNate like this.
  3. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

will there ever be a solution to build Standalone Apps?

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

shkar-noori likes this.
  5. Spacew00t

Spacew00t

Had trouble finding any threads about this: will there eventually be support for .blend files?

6. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

We do not support Blender files at the moment. It is still on our feature list, but at the moment we need to focus on different aspects of the system. There are different tasks which need to be solved to support Proprietary 3D files which can not be solved easily. You can find all information in the documentation with the latest information about 3D-formats.

https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/support/faq

7. Spacew00t

Spacew00t

Ah yes, I saw that proprietary formats weren't supported, I just wasn't sure if that meant they'd ever be supported. Thanks for clearing that up!

8. ddfire

ddfire

Hi,
    Can you please point me a link on how to save blender files to be able to use them on cloud build?
    Thanks!!!!

9. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

As you can read here: https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/support/faq only Proprietary 3D files are supported so you can not use .blender files. The best format to work with in Unity is the .fbx format which works perfectly fine with Unity Cloud build.

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@David Berger UCB doesn't seem to support .rsp files under Assets folder. Is it a known issue?

11. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Yes, those will be overwritten, you can use the Custom Defines in the Editor (Player Settings) or platform specific ones via the Cloud Build Dashboard.

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks @David Berger for the info. But thats a bit tough to automate so followed .rsp files :( . Any advice?

13. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Voxel Busters,

What's your specific use-case with the .rsp files and automation? Our goal is for Cloud Build to be the best solution for automating Unity projects!

Cheers,
    Patrick

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are providing a plugin on Asset store which has different features.
    We disable and enable the features based on macros. When user selects/deselect a feature, we update the .rsp files accordingly. This helps in not touching the platform defines settings (as we see no API for accessing it to make it automated).

Simple example is - For iOS, if user don't want to use a feature, we disable the feature and won't export that code/frameworks in the final export. This we achieve by creating .rsp files and updating it based on user selection.

15. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

So if a user has a project with your plugin in it, at build time you'd want Cloud Build to merge their custom defines from the Unity editor and their custom defines from Cloud Build with the defines in the .rsp file that you generate?

Anything defined in the Cloud Build UI would probably be final-say and trump the .rsp file, so you could setup multiple projects/targets with different configurations in Cloud Build, but pulling from the same source control.

Cheers,
    Patrick

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, Indeed. It would be great if it merges instead of overwriting.

I see your point on providing setting from cloud build which is great but, thats a manual step for the users if they use any third party plugins/if they rely on .rsp files (which is still supported).

Could you please suggest any best solution for this? M̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶n̶g̶D̶e̶f̶i̶n̶e̶S̶y̶m̶b̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶S̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶a̶s̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ Update : Defines Setting

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  17. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Ah that's interesting that you can set defines via C#. Does that solution fit your specific scenario?

Cheers,
    Patrick

18. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I hope so this should solve. Could you please confirm if we set the project defines in the Player Settings per platform, will it be considered by UCB?

19. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

This should work in Cloud Build today. If not, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Patrick

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks Patrick! Will update you on this after checking.