Search Unity

Unity Cinemachine does not work with Unity Recorder

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw, Feb 14, 2019.

1. unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

When I import Cinemachine into my project and import Unity Recorder next, Unity will not allow me to create a Recorder Track but if I take Cinemachine out of the project it allows me to use the Recorder. Are these to assets not compatible? If so are there any other steps to get them to work together after you import the assests?

Djent3D likes this.
  2. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw !

Recorder is supposed to work with Cinemachine, we don't have issue with that internally.

So : is there some console errors when you import Cinemachine and then Recorder ? do you see Recorder menu (Window > General > Recorder) ?

A compilation error could indeed block Recorder from being loaded properly.

Also please provide more details :
    - OS version
    - Unity version
    - Recorder version
    - Cinemachine version

Thanks

3. unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

Yes I do have console errors. And no I do not see the Recorder menu (WIndow > General > Recorder)
    - OS version: 10.13.6
    - Unity Version: 2018.3.5f1
    - Recorder Version: 1.0.2
    - Cinemachine Version: 2.1.10

I downloaded these assets from the asset store. Are the versions in the asset store not the current versions?

Here are some of the errors I am getting:
    Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'

Assets/Cinemachine/Timeline/CinemachineTrack.cs(10,6): warning CS0618: 'TrackMediaType' is obsolete: 'TrackMediaType has been deprecated. It is no longer required, and will be removed in a future release.'

Assets/PostProcessing/Editor/PropertyDrawers/MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'

4. unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw

5. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @unity_accyhMjzS5CGtw !

The warnings should not block the loading of Recorder.

But the error below could :
    Assets/PostProcessing/Editor/PropertyDrawers/MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

That said your versions of Cinemachine and Post-Processing are old.

So I would suggest you remove both packages from your Assets folder and use package manager (Window > Package Manager) to get last versions :
    - Post-Processing 2.1.3
    - Cinemachine 2.2.8

Let me know how it goes !

6. esraahamad97

esraahamad97

Hey guys,
    I haven't any error, but i can't record 360 video using unity recorder

7. ematsuno

ematsuno

We were able to add it to the timeline with the 360 camera: