Search Unity

Unity Certified Professional: Artist

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by luis_unity810, May 9, 2022.

1. luis_unity810

luis_unity810

I purchased the Unity Certified Professional: Artist courseware and the exam and I have two issues, I wanted to know if anyone knows something about this.

1 - I was directed to a platform (gmetrix) where the very first message is this, which wasn't specified anywhere before purchasing and it's quite confusing:
    NOTICE: Unity Professional Artist certification Retirement Date 6/30/2022

Unity to release a new version of the Professional Artist certification on 1/1/2022
    We encourage you to complete all 5 modules and take your test on the current version before 12/31/2021
    The current version of this course and the current exam will be available for grace period ending 6/30/2022; You will select the retired version of the exam when registering after 1/1/2022
    There will be no testing on the current version of the exam after 6/30/2022

Why would I get the retired version of the exam if I registered after they released the new one? Also all the videos are in unity 2017, so I'm certain I got the old version.

2 - I decided to start the course anyways but I realized the course was made for other platform (coursera probably) and its constantly referring to things that are not in the current platform (gmetrix). I can't have peer reviews here, which I don't mind, but I can't even download some of the assets to take the challenges.

Has anyone had these issues? has anyone asked for a refund?
    Thanks

2. kamran-bigdely

kamran-bigdely

Interesting. I'm going to take the Artist certification exam on 2022/July/31. The unity website says the exam is for Unity 2020 LTS but the courseware they provided is for Unity 2017 LTS. There are things that have changed in newer version of Unity. For example, people are using Universal Rendering Pipeline. IN this workflow, post-processing/reflection options and workflows are different. Also materials have different options and details. I hope the exam is designed in a way that these differences won't cause any confusion for test-takers during the exam.
    I'm taking this exam to get comfortable importing art assets into Unity and being able to set things up without googling all the time. Also by taking this exam, I can keep my Unity Certified Trainer status.