Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Certified Profesional: Programmer

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by GameSire, Apr 4, 2021.

1. GameSire

GameSire

Hey, i bought package with practice test, unity course and exam. However i found that this certification change a lot in last two years. Now its called Unity Certified Profesional: Programmer and course base on unity 2017? I did also practice exam with 47% result without getting into learning and i wonder how relevant it is to real exam these days ? Is this "new" profesional programmer exam smiliar to Unity Certified Programmer ? What is different between expert and profesional ? I bought also book from 2020 from packt about passing exam and first try but is it still valid for this "Unity Certified Profesional: Programmer" ?? Anyone pass this new version and can share experiance?

2. GameSire

GameSire

So far what i can see: unity course is outdated and exactly same as one on coursera for free. This preparation course is one of the worst courses i seen in my life in case of learning path - For sure doing it will not get you close to what exam will be about. To be honest i dont understand why unity sell it in this price - you can get better courses on udemy for 10 usd. This course is complete waste of money.

Practice test first attempt without course 47%,
    Next attempt after course: 38%.

3. GameSire

GameSire

Unity Certified Professional Programmer Practice test is valid only for 2 months - this detail isnt shared with you when you buy a bundle.

4. newguy123

newguy123

yes I have to agree, their courseware is total junk and heavily outdated!

5. GameSire

GameSire

6. GameSire

GameSire

I just passed exam with positive value, what i can say: its hardcore. Good luck to you.

7. Abocksu

Abocksu

Congrats on passing!

I'm currently gauging if I'm taking 1 exam, and if so for which level, which gets me curious, which background did you have before diving into the Professional exam?

"Only" these Unity tutorials? Computing scholarship / work?

8. GameSire

GameSire

Nope, im 5 years exp dev.

Tset_Tsyung likes this.
  9. fis

fis

Unity Certified Professional Programmer Practice test.
    Is it only one test or many? Earlier I bough a Unity Certified Assosiate Programmer Practice test and there was only one test with 63 questions. It's not enough as for 90$.

10. rsdevigo

rsdevigo

About the book, is it worth it? Once you've passed, do you recommend the book + the gdrive list ?

11. GameSire

GameSire

Gdrive + unity learn. Book is waste of time.

salvolannister and Tset_Tsyung like this.
  12. Tset_Tsyung

Tset_Tsyung

Hey all,

Going through the book (Unity Certified Programmer: Exam Guide), and read that the exam is based on Unity 2017.3. Is this correct? If so, it's very hard to install and test certain aspects of the this Exam (namely the monetization) when the packages from the asset store are no longer available and fully deprecated (AFAICT, please forgive if incorrect) as of June 2021.

According to this post @subu_unity states that this exam is still based on 2017.3, where as the certified user: programmer exam is based on 2018. What's the advice of you fellow devs for progressing?

I feel that I would benefit from acquainting myself with ads, monetization, analytics and remote settings prior to trying the exam as I have never used them before (<- bit of a no- brainer, but like I should say it anyway). But if the exam references older methodologies I'm worried about taking the exam until it's been updated to newer API's and methods.

Thoughts?

13. salvolannister

salvolannister

Does anybody know where I could take the exam in Italy?

[EDIT]
    It is possible to take it online and from the webpage

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  14. salvolannister

salvolannister

@GameSire I did the course but my knowledge on many topics was gaunt. Now I am planning to review all the course, quizzes available, to take a look to the gdrive you proposed, and to try the test.

Do you think it will be enough? Do you suggest me to do something else?
    Do you know how many question we need to make it right to pass?

15. dimitroff

dimitroff

I just passed the test online and I can add the following things:

You have questions about Unity Ads and Unity Cloud Build, something that's missing in the Courseware.
    The most tricky questions are about Navigation and Physics, make sure you have enough experience with them.

The real exam as a little bit harder, than the test exam! Good luck!

newguy123 likes this.
  16. salvolannister

salvolannister

Can I ask you how did you prepare?

17. graydogstudios

graydogstudios

Its on sale due to COVID and am thinking about taking it too, any advice you can give is appreciated. I have 10+ years of experience programming but much less with OOP.

18. MuhammadDev95

MuhammadDev95

Apprently Unity will be Releasing the new Unity Certified Professional : Programmer beta exam... will the exam still based on 2017 or posibbly 2019-2020 editor?

19. endasil_unity

endasil_unity

I took the Unity Certified Professional: Programmer exam (and just found out that I passed ) and would say it would not matter much if you had only used unity 2017 or only used unity 2021, most questions are about things that you would probably know if you only used unity 5 too. So it's not very version specific. Many principles for how you solve programming problems have been the same even if the unity interface and method names change a bit.

As for background, I have played with Unity for about 2 years, studied game programming at University, have about 10+ years professional experience as a programmer (but never worked professionally with Unity, just a hobby).

unityunity