Search Unity

unity causing kernel panics

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fbconyers, Jan 17, 2007.

1. fbconyers

fbconyers

My G5 twin 2Ghz ppc has for the first time in its life started having kernel panics. one of those kernel panics was so bad, it caused damage to my drive, and forced me to console fsck the volume into a healthy state once more. i observed on the forum that someone else - tycholith - encountered the same problem with the same mac type and os (Tiger). Tcycholith indicated he was working on a example file at the time, and so it was with me. In my case, it was the Car_Tutorial and Car_Tutorial_Complete. These files are causing me no end of grief, and seem not to work as the tutorial purports they do. how can i rid myself of these kernel panics?
    :cry:

2. freyr

freyr

Use ReportBug.app to report the problem to to Otee. This will include details on your hardware to ease debugging of your problem.

3. fbconyers

fbconyers

I sent the bug report with the panic.log. I would still like to know what happened to Tcycholith - who quite a while back encountered the same unity problem on a dual 2gz g5 with tiger, just like myself. He was advised to submit a bug report, and it would be interesting to know if he is able to use unity two years on. (If Tcycholith reads this, maybe he could let me know what happened to him)

-Fergus

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The problem described by tycho happened 1.5 years ago, before Unity 1.0 was released. I am pretty sure the problem is unrelated since Unity has changed a lot since then. Also i wouldn't take it for granted that the kernel panic is coming from Unity, of course we will look at the issue.

5. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

One thing you could try is in the finder hit cmd-shift-g, enter .wapi.
    And delete that folder.