Search Unity

Bug Unity can't find package cache and it's not linked to windows username or authorization

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by ApiHD, Mar 5, 2023.

1. ApiHD

ApiHD

(First of all, I am very new to unity, I don't have a deep understanding of how things works on this software)
    I've been getting this message every time I start a project on my main computer for a few weeks now. Unity finds absolutely no package, the package manager appears completely empty if I force the opening of the project. retry returns the same window over and over. I didn't find any problem with the unity permissions for accessing files.

upload_2023-3-6_0-33-41.png

All the projects work normally on my other computer. They were also working normally here, I don't remember touching unity between the time everything was working and the time this problem appeared. I hope someone can help me.

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ApiHD,

This looks like it might be an issue with the location of your user profile (which would typically be "C:\Users\(your-username)" by default). Is it located on a network drive, or is it accessed via a path that starts with
    \\?\
    to allow a very long path name or to use a UNC path? (see https://stackoverflow.com/a/21194605 for what I mean by "UNC")

I advise you to open a bug report (following these steps after clicking Continue, even if your project fails to load properly) so we can have access to more information and provide you with support more efficiently.

3. ApiHD

ApiHD

Hi,
    Thank you very much for the assistance, by following the steps to report the bug I found the source, the problem seems to come from an error on my part. I had a while ago changed the location of my caches for problems of available space on my main hard drive. Without thinking about it afterwards I removed the disk to which I had assigned the storage of the packages. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks again!
    upload_2023-3-9_21-47-16.png

4. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

No problem, thanks for reporting back! I'm glad things are fine for you now. :)

ApiHD likes this.