Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity can't convert some materials to HDRP materials

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by VCDESIGN, Feb 1, 2019.

1. VCDESIGN

VCDESIGN

I'm running Unity version 2018.3.4 and it has some kind of bug, I'm trying to upgrade the materials from my project to HDRP, and the loading bar stops/stuck in some materials, just can't convert them, Autodesk Interactive is one of them.
    Then I need to close Unity by the windows task manager.

upload_2019-2-1_21-30-31.png

Attached Files:

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi, please log a bug - it sounds like one for sure, and post case number here. I've moved your thread somewhere visible. Meanwhile you could work around this by temporarily changing autodesk mats to standard before conversion, or just changing them manually beforehand.

3. VCDESIGN

VCDESIGN

Hi, I can't change them to standard, I will lose the roughness map, standard has no input for it.
    Is that really a bug?

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Autodesk Interactive is just Standard (Specular), so it is "Standard". Not sure why it was renamed.

And AFAIK the conversion tools have never worked properly for me.

5. VCDESIGN

VCDESIGN

Autodesk Interactive is PBR Metallic Roughness, not specular

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I stand corrected.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You don't "lose" anything. Just swap the material to something, convert then swap the material back to the Autodesk HDRP version, or do that to begin with.

All the converter does is make a new material with the closest matching slot. It doesn't actually do any real magic. And I do consider it a bug if it hangs like that - for any reason at all. Unity should never break during conversion like that.

8. VCDESIGN

VCDESIGN

Ok, I will try that, thanks for the help!

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

10. VCDESIGN

VCDESIGN

The conversion plugin is locking in some standard shaders too, looks unusable, I have about 200 materials, I can't convert them all manually...

11. troyomen

troyomen

Hello, if you did not fix this, I may have a solution. You can select about 30-40 or more at a time (by holding cntrl) depending on your system, change them all to standard shader, then selected in the pipeline...But you may notice some prefabs do not update right away...right click them and reimport should solve this problem.

JumpingGuy likes this.
  12. TheGhost0

TheGhost0

how i convert water materials to HDRP ??
    its always become for me pink color

Attached Files:

13. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Selecting them all and converting to standard and then using the upgrade to HDRP worked for me. Thanks

Rodolfo-Rubens likes this.