Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Unity Calls Azure Devops

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Bradley-Labs, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Bradley-Labs

Bradley-Labs

Out of an idea, a small PlugIn is being developed that allows me to query the work items of a query directly via the REST API of Azure Devops.

The whole thing is still something like a feasibility study.

After all, querying a query and displaying the different tickets within Unity already works.

I want to extend this little prototype so that you can query any work item query, the items are displayed in list form and further information like description, comments etc. can be opened as an additional window.

The necessary data like organization, project, query ID and PAT can be entered and saved.

So far it is solved that all 4 fields are (de)serialized as XML. The corresponding XML is located as a file in the folder of the PlugIn. At the moment the path is still hardcoded so Application.dataPath + "/UnityCallsAzure/config.xml" this works exactly as long as it is not moved. Saving the PAT in plain text actually makes me a little bit sore.

When this is done the next step is to upload changes to the tickets back to the Azure Devops server.
    UCA_002.jpg

2. sstrong

sstrong

I wondered if you would rather save your files as json (which Unity supports) as most text-based data in Azure is stored and transmitted as json. In what format are you receiving the data from the Azure DevOps Server?

Are you using a DevOps Server or the DevOps Service in Azure?

3. Bradley-Labs

Bradley-Labs

I can also use JSON, in principle it doesn't matter at all.
    From Azure I get JSON.

I use the Azure Devops Server, what used to be the Team Foundation Server.

4. Bradley-Labs

Bradley-Labs

Again a small progress in creating the tickets.

The left one is the basis of a bug, the right one a UserStory.

I think I'll work a little bit with color or symbols to make them distinguishable at first sight.

Also, Azure Devops is actually giving me HTML text back for the fields, which surprised me a bit.

The main mask has now been extended to the point where the tickets are only opened once or when you open them again, they are simply put back into focus.

UAC Tickets.jpg

5. Bradley-Labs

Bradley-Labs

There is an Update about the Workitems UCA_003_1.jpg