Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity builtin shader all pass removed

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by zxzy_2014, Dec 8, 2021.

1. zxzy_2014

zxzy_2014

Hi there,
    I am using Unity 2019.4.31 just upgraded from 2019.3.14, in the previous version(14), it's ok when build the player on android platform. After upgraded to 2019.4.31, the android build launched with pink materials even for the unity logo right after launch.

I unpacked the apk and compared it with the correct one, find out that unity_builting_extra located at assets/bin/Data/Resources/ is quite different, after loaded it by AssetStudio, all the passes within the builtin shaders are removed. and the custom shaders created by myself holds the correct shader variants passes.

After a few tries, I found out build the player from Unity Editor can yield the correct apk. the difference is that we have '-nographics' options in cmd build, by removing the option '-nographics' in command line build for BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer process, it will yield the correct unity_builtin_extra with passes for different shader variants. Unity 2019.4.14 can yield the correct result with '-nographics' option for command line build.

Is there any settings in project/player/graphics that could affect the strip of builtin shaders? by the way, we are using SRP and we have implemented the IPreprocessShaders.OnProcessShader,does this Process strip the builtin shaders? we have also tried to disable the strip process, but doesn't make any difference.

Currently we have the option 'nographics' remove for command line build, but I still wonder why the builtin shaders are incorrectly stripped and how 'nographics' option affect the shader stripping process, anyone could help? thanks!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    This has been fixed in 2019.4.33f1.

3. zxzy_2014

zxzy_2014

Thanks for your information, I'll try it out