Search Unity

Question Unity Build Stuck on "Compile WebAssembly module"

Discussion in 'Web' started by ScottyRus, May 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyRus

ScottyRus

Every time I try to build a WebGL build of my game, it gets stuck on
    "Compile WebAssembly module," and uses 100% of my CPU, (Ryzen 3700x). Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Can you expand on which OS and browser version you are testing on? Does clearing the browser cache help? Do all Unity WebGL pages on the web do the same for you? Or if you build multiple projects from your own Unity installation, e.g. export the empty Unity project to WebGL, does that also have the issue? Or is the issue just with that one project? Does it matter where you host the page?

Do you have a build somewhere online that you could link to for testing?

3. RamblingCoder

RamblingCoder

Jukka, he is saying that when Building the WebGL version, the build process gets stuck showing:
    upload_2021-8-26_15-43-24.png
    I have the same issue. I dusabled my anti-virus, so it isn't that. This was working for me yesterday, but appears broken now. I have deleted my Library/Temp/obj folders, reloaded the project (which takes forever when you do it the first time) and every time I try and build for WebGL it just sits there with the above dialog. Never finishes. I can wait 2 hours and it is still stuck.

I have been using 2020.3.7f1. Thought maybe something was broken, so I updated to 2020.3.16f1 and I still have the same issue. Basically Unity is now completely worthless as a development platform. I paid for a Pro license, so I would appreciate it if we can get a solution or work around.

4. RamblingCoder

RamblingCoder

Also, as someone else pointed out in another forum post, if you switch the webGL template to minimal, it builds extremely quickly. Unfortunately, I need the default webGL template, which is the one that is giving me problems.

Update: After doing a webGL build with the Minimal template, then switching back to Default, it made a build in about 3 minutes which is close to the normal time. Sadly, the next time I tried to make a build it went right back to getting stuck on Compile WebAssemly module for 20 minutes at which point I canceled it. Even the "cancel" doesn't work properly, it is still chugging away after being canceled.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  5. RamblingCoder

RamblingCoder

So I started a build and left for a bit, came back and it had completed. What was a 5 minute build 2 days ago appears to be a 25 minute build now. Pretty consistent. I wish there was some more useful info in the logs to pinpoint what the slowdown is, but I don't see anything useful.

6. PolyMad

PolyMad

I am having the same issue right now. Any info?

upload_2022-4-17_21-41-49.png

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

This thing is going on since at least 5 YEARS now.
    How can a bug like this not being tracked down yet?
    Stop developing new features and make the environment reliable!

8. Chopov1

Chopov1

same problem. Any fixes? Using windows 11 and unity 2021.3.21 LTS

9. abhishekhshah2001

abhishekhshah2001

Any fixes? if there can anybody please help me!!!

10. thesmart1

thesmart1

:skull:

11. thesmart1

thesmart1

im having the same issue and i cant seem to fix it

12. thesmart1

thesmart1

i wish unity would focus on fixing errors rather than adding stupid features

13. thesmart1

thesmart1

THE ISSUE JUST GOT FIXED (at least for me)

14. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Please stop spamming, necro-posting and being rude! Also, note this is a forum not a chat room; you are free to edit your posts here.

I think that's enough for this thread.

Closed.

KamilCSPS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.