Search Unity

Question Unity Build Server

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GiulianoDecesares, Feb 14, 2024.

1. GiulianoDecesares

GiulianoDecesares

Hi to everyone. I'm researching about a license to use Unity in a server exclusively to build.

We currently have a Jenkins server using Unity from the command line. However, the unity installation we have on Jenkins is a normal install with a Unity Pro license. My current understanding is that there's a cheaper license that allows unity to be used from the command line exclusively to build; but the only way I have found to use that license is to install a Unity Build Server that provides floating licenses and then connect that service to our Jenkins build server. It seems a little bit overkill for this use case, since we only need a single license to enable the Jenkins server to build, so I'd like to know if there's an easier way to setup that kind of license that allows the Jenkin's unity instance to be used from the command line only (or maybe there's an easier and more standard way of doing this).

Thanks to everyone!