Search Unity

Question Unity build not registering mouse or touch input

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AnitaShosho, Mar 10, 2023.

1. AnitaShosho

AnitaShosho

Hi all,

I have a problem with a Unity application I made. It runs on Windows 10 with a touchscreen attached.

After a x-amount of time (can be hours), the application doesn't register mouse or touch input anymore. It does register keyboard input.
    The app itself keeps running smoothly (there's an animation in idle screen that keeps playing), and there doesn't seem to be a memory leak or something, the memory usage keeps steady.
    Reloading the scene doesn't help solve the issue, but restarting the app does solve the issue.

I made the project in Unity 2020.1.9f1, but upgraded it today to 2022.1.23f1 and made a new build to see if that solves the issue.

As far as I know now, the issue does occur on three PCs and screens that have exactly the same specs, but possibly not on PCs that have different specs. At least, I have not been able to recreate the problem yet on different hardware.

Is there anyone here who has encountered a similar problem? Any ideas on how to solve this?

2. AnitaShosho

AnitaShosho

For people running into the same issue, it seems to have been resolved by updating to a newer version of Unity.

Or maybe by changing the active input handling from "Input Manager (old)" to "both". (I didn't create a new input system though, so I doubt this has had influence)