Search Unity

Unity build 2019.3.10 is capped at 60 fps

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AdXxRi123, Oct 5, 2020.

1. AdXxRi123

AdXxRi123

Hello everyone! I have a script that shows my game fps, and in editor, the fps are around 170/180, but when I build the fps are capped at 60, does anyone know why?

I have tried turning the vSync Count off but it didn´t work.

Can someone help? :D

EDIT: Building for Windows

2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

what platform are you building for?

3. AdXxRi123

AdXxRi123

Windows

4. Alvarden

Alvarden

What i can understand, there is also the option to manually cap the framerate, check if any of your scripts has this line:
    Application.targetFrameRate = 60;
    This seems to be the line that is capping your frame rate. If not, then it's something else. I'm also having troubles with that, but instead of Windows, it's android, and it's supposed to run 60fps, but instead it's 30fps.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Application-targetFrameRate.html

Edit: i'm working with 2019.4.8f1
    Update: I suggest testing your game in other PCs to see if their performance is the same as yours. I recently asked some friends to test my app and, surprisingly, all of them run the game at 60 fps, while i was the only one that run it at 30 fps. My guess is that there is an enabled or disabled feature that is limiting your game performance. In your case, you could start at your own graphic card settings.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    DharsanB likes this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

How are you measuring FPS in your build, and does your monitor happen to have a 60hz refresh rate?

For example, if you are measuring FPS with an external tool, it might not be able to see anything faster than the monitor refresh rate. If you're measuring from Update() though you'll be able to see the higher FPS the Update loop is really running at even if the extra frames aren't ever sent to the monitor