Search Unity

Bug Unity breaking on closing/opening objects in scene and can't create grabable objects.

Discussion in 'VR' started by KieDK, Mar 14, 2023.

1. KieDK

KieDK

Using the up to date 2021 LTS version.

Not sure if it's limited to me, I hope its not so it can be fixed.

But closing Unity and reopening it sometimes breaks something to where even if I follow various tutorials to the letter, the game refuses to let me pick a newly created interactable. At the same time, the xr sockets used for inventory can still pick it up.

You can work around it by opening up a prefab of a working interactable and replacing the original model with the new model but its janky.

I've also had it destroy my xr origin(player) upon opening of a project to the point that I cannot move around or move my hands/interact with objects.

I'm hoping future updates to unity will fix it to where I'm not rebuilding the entire project everyday for 8+ hours before I can continue working on it.

2. nilagard

nilagard

This sounds very painful mate, but I'd start with reinstalling unity entirely to see if that solves your issue. I've never experienced this myself.

KieDK likes this.
  3. KieDK

KieDK

First thing I did. At this point I suspect its a "me" issue. Could be windows 10, could be hardware, who knows.