Search Unity

Unity bloggers unleashed!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiggyB, Nov 9, 2007.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I thought I'd drop by and give everyone a heads up that we here at Unity Technologies have a new and much improved blog setup that we hope will prove more useful and informative than our previous efforts. In the past some of us had blogs but they were all separate, not very well organized and because you couldn't see all UT staff blogs in one area they never quite seemed a cohesive set of info. So now we've changed that, and the URL, so folks can find all UT staff blogs in one location:

Unity Technologies Blog

The new blog has a single front page where all of our posts are aggregated, but you can still slice posts by category or author if you'd like. For now there's only a single "launch post" by yours truly but of course over time that will change as a number of us plan on using it on a regular basis. With any luck it's going to be a great way for y'all to get an inside view at what's happening at Unity Technologies.

Enjoy.

Note: a big shout out to Keli and Aras for having handled the heavy-lifting work to make this happen.

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Great idea Tom. Will you be migrating any of the "important stuff" from the individual blogs to this one?

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

That's really up to each individual author. In my case, I do plan on migrating content from my old blog to my new one so it's all there in one place, but that's my choice and not a company directive. We're not going to take down the old blog posts as we don't want that information to disappear outright if folks have the bookmarked.

4. drJones

drJones

great idea ; )

5. bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

Very nice idea! I plan on reading every entry :)

6. greenland

greenland

I'd like to see blogs open to the community, or those with a unity license, at least... get a nice developer network going in a format other than forums.

7. Jessy

Jessy

This is a great idea. I'll definitely be checking this out frequently. However, I will never, ever, stop finding the word "blog" completely ridiculous. It just sounds like something that my current avatar would say...

BLLOOOOOOGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

8. StarManta

StarManta

Isn't it spelled "blag"? :)

9. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

+3 points to starmanta for xkcd :D

10. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

We've tossed around some ideas about that as well as something like an aggregator that would pull various Unity developer feeds together in one view. For now though we're going to focus on Unity Technologies and Unity Studios people as it's just getting kicked off, as time goes on we'll see what tweaks, additions and updates we decide to go with.