Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity blender rotation differences.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Cristiano1994, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Cristiano1994

Cristiano1994

Hello,
    I've a project in blender , where a humanoid is fed with quaternions , and the rotation works fine.
    With the same model exported from blender , i try to do the same , problem is that with the same quaternion , the orientation seems specular.
    I'm using rotation and not local rotation.
    Do you have any clue why or how to fix this?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM
  2. SparrowsNest

SparrowsNest

i don't know if it's the issue but blender and unity uses different coord system(unity "auto-corrects" it by giving the imported object a rotation), you can rotate the model in blender(OBJECT MODE, not edit more) by -90 on the X (don't forget to apply the transform) and that makes the object right side up when rotation is 0,0,0.

Hope this helps you.