Search Unity

[SOLVED] Unity - Blend tree weird transition

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MagicStyle, Nov 24, 2017.

1. MagicStyle

MagicStyle

I have duplicated the blend tree from the ThirdPersonCharacter (Ethan) which comes with the Standard Assets package.

In the duplicate I went into the blend tree and swapped out the walk animation "HumanoidWalk" with my own, but now I get a weird transition from the animation "walk" to "HumanoidRun".

**NOTE**: First I am demonstrating how it looks with the normal animations, then I add my own.

Both animations, my **walk** animation and the original "HumanoidWalk" are root animated and look similar they have around 1.5 z-velocity both.

Settings:

I created the animation in blender, you will see in my video below that the animation itself runs smooth and as it should, but the transition to **HumanoidRun** is very weird for unknown reasons. I am using a custom metarig armature which comes with the blender add-on "rigify", I deleted some bones on the finger, but the avatar has a check and is ok (no warnings either).

I made some short videos where you clearly see the problem, it happens if the parameter `Forward` is at about 0.6 - 0.8.

Am I missing an important step or is this a bug?

Download Package

PS: I asked the same question on gamedev.stackexchange.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. MagicStyle

MagicStyle

I figured it out. The problem is, that Ethan uses another armature than metarig, and thus it won't blend properly. I thought it will work, because I read that chapter about retargeting which promised that we can use humanoid animations for other models, but it seems like this is only true if both models use the exact same armature.

It finally works perfectly fine after creating my own run and idle animation and assigned them in the duplicated Animator controller.

Achie1 likes this.