Search Unity

Unity beginner - need a specific short 2D example made

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by FB-Productions, Sep 22, 2018.

1. FB-Productions

FB-Productions

Hello,

I am a Unity beginner, but have previously used Game Maker (Game Maker Studio 1.x) to develop games.
    Therefore, I am used to the way that engine and its interface worked, and I have developed mainly 2D games.

Here is my request: could somebody please make a simple short example 2D game in Unity and, if possible, write down the steps of how that is done here?

What I would like the 2D example "Hit the ball" to have in it:

- To be an HTML5/WebGL game with a screen/room/scene size of exactly 640x960 pixels (2:3) and a grey background

- Two sprites: a white square and a red circle (both the same x and y size - 64x64 pixels; the pivot/origin at the top left)

- Two objects: a wall with the sprite of the white square (full rectangle mask) and a ball with the sprite of the red circle (circular mask)

- Four wall objects (or as I understand in Unity they need to be made into prefabs?) need to be properly stretched and placed into the room to fill the outline of the playing canvas

- Two or more ball objects (prefabs?) are placed (wherever you want) into the scene

- Walls need to be configured to act as static solid objects

- Balls need to be configured to start moving randomly in one of the following directions (at a constant speed; no gravity; no acceleration) when the game starts (45°, 135°, 225°, 315°) and to bounce off solid walls (in a natural, precise way) when they collide with them, but NOT to bounce off each other (go through each other, i.e. ignore)!

- When the player clicks on a ball (on its circular collision mask), it should change its position to a random one on the screen (except where we have walls) and again choose a random direction to start moving to. Also, the player gains points when he clicks a ball.

- A variable stores the score of the player (initialized at 0) and it is shown at the HUD as a simple blue text (Score: 0) - all this will probably be done in a new object called controller

I have included an .exe of this game (made in Game Maker) and a screenshot in my Google Drive, so that it is easier for you to know how it should work.
    Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k2nuhutsfydNGj50LwmKwWkFIT7hxSWb

Please include step by step instructions in your comments if you can, but if you can also just send a completed file, it would be a great help aswell! :)

(Also, sorry moderators if this is a big request or an incorrect place to post this! I will gladly repost this elsewhere if needed!)

Thank you all in advance!

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

While I appreciate your well thought out and detailed description of your request, I'm afraid we don't write and document other peoples games. The purpose of this forum is to help those with specific problems in their games. Feel free to post your code or issues you have with your project, there are many here that will help, but not write it for you.

Visit the Learn tab at the top of the page. Unity provides all you need to learn Unity.

Ryiah, Tset_Tsyung and JoeStrout like this.
  3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Yes, that's a very specific request — kudos for having a clear spec. But if you really want somebody to do all that for you, I think you'll need to hire them. You can find someone for that via Unity Connect (or PM me, if you like).

Ryiah and Tset_Tsyung like this.
  4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It is really insulting to expect something like this to just be handed to you by a forum user. It sounds like a good 4+ hours of work to duplicate your previous project in Unity and create the tutorial documentation. I'm sure someone would be willing to do it for $200 - $500 though.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. BlackDragonBE

BlackDragonBE

I can write a high-quality tutorial with GIFs and screenshots for you on how to do all of this for $200. I write tutorial and books for a living.
    Send me a PM if you're interested.

Ryiah and Joe-Censored like this.