Search Unity

Question Unity Beginner. How would I Build This Game In Unity from Snowdrop Engine?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by unity_C4C8EEA1F0939E9313DC, Oct 13, 2021.

1. unity_C4C8EEA1F0939E9313DC

unity_C4C8EEA1F0939E9313DC

So i always been a RPG Looter Shooter player an i wanted to build my own project based on Tom Clancy The Division. I call my game Project Division. I wanted to try to recreate the entire game but, on the unity engine. I was wondering could i build this game exactly what it looks like in this trailer that i have embedded in this thread.

Also what assets would i need. I wanted to be the map creator an recreate the entire map with more areas to explore. More Mission Incursions an add control points that could also be taken by player clans/guilds. A more unique skill system an stat system. Thiers a lot i want to do with my project but, i know i can't try to one man this game. I'm also looking for people who would like to join me in this community made project. That loved the original series like i did.

When my game is complete i wanted it to look exactly like the trailer is. If thats even possible in unity. To try to come very close to the trailer graphics an ui!

2. Do you have:
    - the license to use the IP?
    - couple tens of millions of dollars?
    - a couple hundred employees around the world to work on it basically 24/7?
    - the know-how how to manage a big organization like that?

If you have all of those, than the engine choice is basically secondary.

Ryiah and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You'll need $50,000,000 USD minimum. All other questions are downstream from the money issue, because you won't be asking those questions of random people on a web forum, you'll be talking to your top engineers from your 100+ member team you have working on the game for the next 5 years straight.

If you want to make a AAA game, that requires a AAA budget. As a Unity beginner, you shouldn't be looking at making AAA games.

Ryiah likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'll assume you just want the overall look and feel. Unity can render this but you need to look for how to use HDRP and use models of a high quality. Use a character controller and play around experimenting. That's the best way to get started.

The other people here are taking you literally, even though I think we both know you can't make it exactly the same because of copyright. Near enough is good, right?

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. adamgolden

adamgolden

I haven't seen a game yet that couldn't be made in Unity (..and made well), given a AAA budget + a few years of effort. Actually, one of the last AAA games I bought only ran at 30fps on a PS4 Pro.. and for what it was, it could easily have ran at 60fps in a web browser had the developers known Unity. I want my $60 back (or whatever it was).

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

To be fair their post says they want to "recreate the entire game" and "look exactly like the trailer".

Joe-Censored likes this.
  7. mgear

mgear