Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Badges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guategeek_legacy, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Ok I couldn't find the topic with the badges, so I started this one. So anyone who has/is making a badge that we might want to use put it here. I'll start with this simple one I made. Jeff

Attached Files:

2. jamie

jamie

3. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

These seem nice.

What were you making these for, again? What do you want to do with them?

Myself, I'd like a Unity package containing an animated Unity logo scene complete with sound effects and fancy graphics. That you could stick in your game. :)

-Jon

4. taumel

taumel

The graphic looks good.

But have i ever said that i basically don't like the unity logo?

If not than now. The wired cube where some of the edges end in somekind of a gap looks like a distorted graphic when it's a small icon. And when it's big it doesn't look much better...

Well just my opinion...

Greetings,

taumel

5. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

@aarku:

Don't worry - I'm making one... Actually, Unity is gonna require that you put it in your standalone game (and will even do for you ;-) - just like the browser dashboard displays a logo during load

Don't worry, it's gonna be short and cool

6. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Yah I was planing on making an animation for putting in front of the game too. So maybe we can have a cupple of options, thanks nick for the stuff you sent. We need it to look real sweet unlike the torque logo that shows up before their games. Jeff

7. dingosmoov

dingosmoov

Is that a requirement right now?

Will it be a requirement for every game shipped, can we pay a fee NOT to have to display that?

Will it only be for web games? Because of the plug-in loading (example: shockwave)

Can the unity logo be in the "credits" screen of the game only?

I would like to have the option of putting the Unity logo in my game or not.

Please don't flame me.

8. dingosmoov

dingosmoov

Fair enough, and what you just said their "not impair the creative vision of the game", that is important. It let's me know you understand what I am asking. I appreciate the response, and possition on the matter.

How will it work? Every game will flash a 'title' screen before beginning? or will we be able to add our own logo on the same screen as the Unity logo. Maybe even an option to show the game environment while the logo is being shown? Kinda like the demo videos for GooBall on AmbrosiaSW site.

9. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Personally, I'm okay with it. I'd very much wish this was just a checkbox in the Build Player, though. You probably don't want to do that as you won't trust your users enough. But, I don't want to wait for this every time I test my game stand alone. I'm 100% fine with putting it in a publicly distributed game. I was going to do that before you announced it was required here.

I'm sure you'll get the graphics minimal and slick enough, etc to not get in the way but still do their job. What I'd like to talk about is the sound. You're going to think I'm nuts, but I really keep the key of the sounds/music blurbs in mind and what order they come in. What I'd like is if the logo splash sound was not rhythmic and wasn't in a particular key. It'd be more of a sound scape. (Think, a lot of pitches run together to create a "wall of sound") This way it could go with anything and still have a great effect.

I hope you can consider these things. :)

Cheers,
    -Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.