Search Unity

Unity automatically downloading Toolchain Win Linux x64 when opening settings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GRM_, Jul 11, 2021.

1. GRM_

GRM_

I can't figure out why but every time i open any kind of settings menu unity starts downloading and installing some weird package named Toolchain Win Linux x64, which is a preview package.

I don't know why, I dont think i need it, every time i uninstall it and open the settings menu it installs it back.

Any idea? I'm using Unity 2020.3.12f1 (lts).

Attached Files:

• rec.PNG
      rec.PNG
      File size:
      49.6 KB
      Views:
  2. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, do you happen to have the linux IL2CPP bits installed? The reason this package would get installed is if that is present because you can't compile Linux IL2CPP without them so the editor auto installs them. If you do not have them installed then its a bug.

3. igors_unity

igors_unity

Under Edit - Project Settings - Toolchain Management you can disable Install toolchain package automatically. Unfortunately this settings is for some reason stored in PlayerPrefs so if you implement clearing of all PlayerPrefs functionality in your project that will also reset this option. If you want it to always be off in some project you need to execute
    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("ToolchainAutomaticallyInstallPackage", 0);
    on load, or after clearing PlayerPrefs.

GRM_ likes this.
  4. GRM_

GRM_

Thanks for the detailed answer igors. Fortunately it's not happening anymore in newer unity versions, so I guess it's fixed.