Search Unity

Resolved Unity auto-installing packages at start up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CoughE, Jul 19, 2021.

1. CoughE

CoughE

Hello all,

I've been having an issue with Unity version 2020.3.13f1 coming from 2020.3.11f1 recently.
    Whenever I start my project, it auto installs packages such as Jetbrains Rider Editor, Newtonsoft Json, TImeline and version control. It also re-adds all built in packages which I had removed some as I didn't need them. Even after removing these packages they are added again on next project start up.

This also causes start up errors relating to text mesh pro and UI elements making me have to go into safe mode to launch the project, which eventually go away after it does 'Checking for changes'. The whole startup process is now a at minimum 7-8 minutes which is very frustrating.

Does anyone know why these are being added automatically? I've never had this problem before and am not using anything the packages are dependent on or anything.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I've heard in another thread a few days ago this is the fault of Hub 3.0, which seems ... I dunno, odd, but the guy insisted.

If so, it is infuriating af and you should file a bug for it.

Joe-Censored and CoughE like this.
  3. CoughE

CoughE

Wow that was a simple fix, I just reverted from Hub 3.0. Thanks @Kurt-Dekker. I assumed the hub wouldn't be touching my project but it seems annoyingly so!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

It's so wrong on so many levels. It's sophomoric silly stuff like this that makes people call Unity un-serious. You should file a bug.

Joe-Censored and CoughE like this.