Search Unity

Unity at GDC 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alleycatsphinx, Mar 4, 2013.

1. alleycatsphinx

alleycatsphinx

Hi!

Date:
    TBD? Please suggest one.

Location suggestions:
    Jillians Pub
    The View
    possibly "Kixeye"

Anything else:
    ?

2. Metron

Metron

Anything more cryptic? ;)

Well, being @GDC I'm interested meeting fellow Unity users. If you're attending the GDC, there's a GDC newbie meeting at Johnny Foley's on Tuesday @7pm.

3. Soundguy

Soundguy

1. I'll be at BOTH GDC and PAX
    2. is Unity running a party at GDC like every year?
    3. for more party info - check out my group / blog Fellowship of GDC Parties
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheFellowshipOfParties/

4. Metron

Metron

@Soundguy: Joined the group... looking forward going to some of the parties... have to wait that my group access permits me to post the Newbie Party...

5. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Aww sweet! I was going to start a thread to see who was going cause I'll totally at GDC, I'll probably be at the Unity booth most the time but I will be partying at night. And I think Unity will be having a party but I don't have the details yet.

6. Metron

Metron

If Unity is having a party, don't forget to invite us ;)

7. gtjuggler

gtjuggler

Hey all,

I'll be at GDC for the entire week, as well as PAX East the weekend before. Devin Reimer and I wil be giving a talk at the Smartphone summit about bootstrapping an indie game studio and will be hitting up all of the networking events and parties (well, as many as our livers will allow us to).

Send me a message if you want to meet up!

Also, what's with the subject line of this thread? Cryptic much?

Edit: The exact name of the GDC talk is: "Continuously Bootstrapping an Indie Studio by Remaining Agile"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  8. Aurore

Aurore

changed the thread name to make it more legible

9. SPIKY

SPIKY

I'll be attending the GDC 2013 with my partner in crime (both first-timers).

Looking forward to meeting some Unity people, and definitely going to the Owlchemy Labs session :)

10. Metron

Metron

@Spiky: The "Continuously Bootstrapping an Indie Studio by Remaining Agile" ? I'm thinking of going there, too... so perhaps we could meet up? And you could jump on the "Newbie GDC meeting" on Tuesday evening...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  11. Meltdown

Meltdown

Drinks on David's tab sounds awesome.

12. Metron

Metron

It would be nice to know whether or not Unity is planning anything. GDC is not so far away and I have to do my party schedule :)

13. Aurore

Aurore

We are! I've asked for details, they said they are going to confirm everything and then let me know, and then I will let you know, and then we will PARTAY \o/

14. Metron

Metron

Guh... for those who have already attended the GDC, I have 2 small questions:

a) Do you simply stroll from one session to another (means can I follow one session @ the Independent Games Summit and then walk over to the AI summit)?

b) Is it absolutely necessary to have reserved a place @ the Unity Developer Day? When I booked my GDC All Access pass, the content of the Unity Dev day was not known and I have selected the AI summit.

15. Aurore

Aurore

I'll find out about the reserving place deal

16. Aurore

Aurore

Alright, when it comes to what passes will get y0u in the Unity Dev Day it's as follows;

Summits, Tutorials, Bootcamps Pass
    Main Conference Pass
    Independent Games Summit Pass
    Audio Pass
    All Access Pass

Those with the Summits, Tutorials, Bootcamps Pass and All Access Pass holders can pre-register for our dev day on the GDC website.

Everyone else just has to show up early - seating is limited and they are not guaranteed to get in. If you have more questions about GDC passes, please contact the good people of GDC.

17. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

I will be at GDC Wednesday (actually arrive Tuesday night) through Friday. I will definitely come by the Unity booth in the expo to check out all the new stuff. :) Really looking forward to GDC this year.

Any more details on the Unity party?

18. Metron

Metron

Whoohoo... having an All Access Pass, I'll be there :)

But then, I cannot find any way to pre-register. I remember that there was an option when I ordered my pass, but the only way to "register" for the Unity day would be my scheduler... And I doubt that you get any information about that, do you?

EDIT 2: Found it. You actually have to go to through the pass registration link. You have to enter your email address (the one you used to do your pass reservation) and they'll find your already existing reservation. Go to the pass options and select "Update"... this will enable you to re-select the dev day event you want to attend.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  19. Aurore

Aurore

Awesome, thanks for finding that out Metron and see you at GDC :D

20. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Rocket Jump will be at GDC. :) See you guys there!

21. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

Is there a Unity party this year? Who do I schmooze for an invite? :D

22. alicemenezes

alicemenezes

When and where is this happening? Would like to be there too

23. Metron

Metron

Well... the GDC having ended 2 weeks ago, I think time travel is a possible solution to attend any party that has not been held (at least not to the knowledge of any forum member willing to acknowledge it officially).

Alternatively, we just can have an imaginary party going on by creating a mental connection at a specific time. Obviously the connection, being mental, doesn't require any specific spatial position of our bodies.

PS: The harder you think of the party, the better it gets. One mind can only do so much, so I invite you all to the imaginary Unity party...