Search Unity

Unity at 3840 × 2160 / 4k?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by robocognito, Jun 15, 2014.

1. robocognito

robocognito

I've found a couple of dead threads regarding it but most are 8+ months old. Anyone working at this resolution on windows applications?

Pointers to any documentation or discussion most appreciated!

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

this should work out of the box. Of course, it's up to you to provide high resolution assets (like textures, normal maps) so they don't look blurry. Is there anything else you would like to know? :)

3. robocognito

robocognito

Thanks Tautvydas! To access the larger resolutions in the loader, where does one set the screen dimensions? I tried specifying in player settings / resolution and presentation / default screen width & height, but it still only shows resolution options up to 1920x1080 - the current screens I have on this devbox. I don't know when I'll have a test display but knowing I can build and send one to someone that can test it is critical :D

re: asset resolutions - yeah, starting things on the visually abstract side of things to avoid overburdening the runtime. Will see how it performs and ratchet up the visuals after establishing a baseline.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unity default launcher automatically detects resolutions available on your monitor. There is no limit of what it can show - if you connect a 4k monitor to your PC, the option will appear.

5. robocognito

robocognito

Thanks for the clarification Tautvydas!