Search Unity

Unity Asset Store Team Has Big Issue

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by alicanacar, Dec 8, 2022.

1. alicanacar

alicanacar

Hello everyone,

I was developing 2 different assets. I spent 3 months on one of them and 6 months on another one. I applied for the first one, but they rejected me a couple of times then I fixed the issues. Then they said you develop this system from the tutorial or with an AI programming tool. I was shocked about this. Then I understand why they think like this. Because I use detailed comments in my development codes. If you give this comment to an AI tool probably, It can write code for you... That is not fair. Anyway, I clean up my code comments.

Then I applied again. Guess what happened? They said your files are not organized. I was like ok. I can fix it. But also they say (In the meantime, we have chosen not to publish this asset. However, we greatly appreciate the time and effort spent in preparing your submission.) Vaov.

Also, they say your package is not easy to use. Are you ok guys? I made a specific editor for only this asset. I write 1693 lines of code only for an editor... I think they didn't try to use my editor too...

I spent 3 + 6 = 9 months on this. They don't explain why? Are you guys racist or what? I'm super sad. Maybe It's time to leave Unity and use Unreal Engine. I can't imagine I spent my time, motivation, and money on this dramatic end...

Thanks...

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

Without showing anything this is just a meaningless random rant including an unfounded accusation.

There is no relation between time, the number of lines of code and the code quality. Neither is there between the quality of code and the quality of an asset.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    REDvsGREEN, Ryiah and xucian like this.
  3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

There is no analogy between number of lines of code and ease of use. You do see that, right?

I urge you to find someone (preferably someone you know) to test the asset and give you feedback but without you instructing that person.

Feel free to post snippets of your code and tools. We may be able to give some feedback on why Unity thinks that it is not well structured nor easy to use.

Ryiah and xucian like this.
  4. xucian

xucian

I second what @Rowlan and @CodeSmile are saying. Publishing an asset also involves doing a lot of boring work on screenshots/promo images/description/usage manual etc.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. Recon03

Recon03

If this was related to lines of code and quality, a huge number of assets, would of never made it to the store... If it was UX/UI base, 99% of them would not of been on the store. So, what I would do is have people test it, post it some where for people to test ( Not the actual code, but the tool you made) Make some videos as well.. Maybe Unity is trying to finally clean up the store? I doubt it... But Unity can be fan boy type behavior as well, I have seen it over the years of good assets trying to be added to the store only to be rejected for stupid reasons.... Not to say this happen to you.

Unity sadly is all over the place on many issues, from assets, to who they support when making games and selling them... As far as Epic, they will look further into your asset so it needs to be good, and useful. Or they will flat out reject it as well.

SO I would post more about your asset, so people know what it is.. How ever I think its horrible to string you along and you fixed those issues, only for Unity to finally just reject you all together, I would be pissed too.. But you need to share more about the asset. I would not share code of any kind and ideas, just what the asset was about...

But you have one post, so it don't seem you been very active with the community to find out even if its a tool people would want, this would be the reason they rejected you as well, they will reject if they have to many of that type. But they where stringing you along, so that is odd one for sure.

Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

You haven't told us much of anything other than there are a lot of lines of code. What were these issues? Were these just how you were setting up the asset store page? Were you missing a website?

We would need to see a sample of your code to truly say one way or the other but I wouldn't necessarily conclude that they thought that based off of your comments unless by detailed you mean you're comment almost every line of code.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022